Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beeliner
This looks pretty good....
Anyone know about this 914-6 ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...=US_Cars_Trucks

Under 914 listing, and a reasonable opening bid....
Johny Blackstain
#2139 is not in the members VIN database. I'm sure it's a real six, but it's not a genuine GT. Looks like a nice project, but it is a project.
Mark Henry
It's worth it, but it will never be a street car again and you're likely looking at least $15K+ just to put it back together.
rgalla9146
I just sold 2130 needing restoration.
Some parts of the description tell me the seller isn't a 914 or 911 or Porsche guy.
If it was a period GT conversion with log books and records of results, then we'd be talking BIG.
More recent race build ?
Might even reduce the value of a real six compared to a numbers matching real six fully restored.
My two cents.
SirAndy
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Dec 26 2014, 05:19 PM) *
I just sold 2130 needing restoration.
Some parts of the description tell me the seller isn't a 914 or 911 or Porsche guy.
If it was a period GT conversion with log books and records of results, then we'd be talking BIG.
More recent race build ?
Might even reduce the value of a real six compared to a numbers matching real six fully restored.
My two cents.

The way i read the Ad, the car was converted to a GT clone in 2000 ...
popcorn[1].gif
gms
agree.gif
the "race history from Sebring" turned out to be PCA
Here is the rest of the "history":
Road Atlanta, Memphis, Carolina, Walter Mitty, Putnam Park, HSR Roebling Road, Watkins Glenn, VIR/HSR, CMP, GT5R Class PCA Club Events
rick 918-S

I asked him a question about the engine. Here is the text from my question:

what is the engine number? Does the car have it's original engine modified to 2.2?

Here is his answer:

"901/179987 Not sure"
EdwardBlume
I think its the tail end of the 914 /6 high price revolution. I think there will be a correction. Many folks will wake up in 2015 to higher tax rates which could affect dispensable income.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 31 2014, 07:17 PM) *

I think its the tail end of the 914 /6 high price revolution. I think there will be a correction. Many folks will wake up in 2015 to higher tax rates which could affect dispensable income.

I just think this car is an exception. It's too far gone now to be converted back to a street car and it's not a real GT. Shame they did that to a real 6. I mean a GT clone can easily be done with a 4 chassis and be just as cool.

But that just makes one less original 6 on the market.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(RobW @ Dec 31 2014, 05:17 PM) *

I agree in part, meaning 6 conversions, GT clones, POS rust buckets, etc. that are riding the wave. But good original 6's are where they should be and ain't coming down. Come on do you really think this Tangerine 6 is going down in value in the near future!

Click to view attachment

puffinator
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2014, 10:33 PM) *

I agree in part, meaning 6 conversions, GT clones, POS rust buckets, etc. that are riding the wave. But good original 6's are where they should be and ain't coming down. Come on do you really think this Tangerine 6 is going down in value in the near future!

Gorgeous car. Are those 7x15s all around?
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(puffinator @ Jan 1 2015, 07:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 31 2014, 10:33 PM) *

Gorgeous car. Are those 7x15s all around?

Yes, 7 x 15's all-around in the picture but went back to original 5.5 x 14's recently. Also taking the back pulled flares back to original. Here is a picture of the interior:

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 1 2015, 11:05 AM) *

Yes, 7 x 15's all-around in the picture but went back to original 5.5 x 14's recently. Also taking the back pulled flares back to original. Here is a picture of the interior:

Really ?
I could see going back to 14's and stock fenders if the car needed to be 'done' or if it had glass flares or ugly bits ......but it looks soooo good.
You have nothing to apologize for.
People were like that with 356s for a long time, now more are enjoying them with a less religous zeal.
Mike Fitton
Here is my 6 with the original 14's back on, I have the original 2.0 matching engine but I am leaving the 2.7 in for now. Also the Fuch's were just done by Al Reed and I am very happy with them.
Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
stuttgart46
I've seen this car race a few times at the 48 Hours of Sebring. The car is built very well and it always finished strong. I'd buy it if I had the $$$ but I just picked up a '72 914 and a 911 Targa.
rgalla9146

The Ebay race car finished at $30,100.
It was the car being discussed wasn't it ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.