Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LE Vinyl- correct color orange and Yellow- matched from old spare tire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
I had a member come to me and ask if I could get the correct color from his OEM spare that had not seen the light of day. He mentioned he had ordered from a juy in Austrlia, but the color was off.

So, after obtaining a NOS vinyl that had not been applied we were able to replicate these. I also am making these in white (as I have an Alaska Blue with white interior, that this will look good on), and black.

We are adding marks for the alignment that reflect the door seams, for easier installation.
these will be available this next week, and can be combined with the other 2 GB's going.

Who wants a set?
shoguneagle
I would like a set in the orange (Alaska Blue car). I am not quite sure of the colors you are mentioning but it appears the vinyl is orange border with white letters. Please correct me if I am wrong but I do want a set.

Steve Hurt
steuspeed
I will need a black set for sure. bye1.gif
Mikey914
The vinyl is the outline for the letters. The letters are the color of your car as they are cut out. So my blue car will have white vinyl. I'll post next week

These are the same layout as the LE decals, so if you do a quick search you can see what they look like installed. I'm traveling right now otherwise I'd post.
Thx
Mark
dudzy's914
Double check the title smile.gif happy11.gif
JeffBowlsby
I have been having these made just for LE owners for about 15 years, but I cannot match your price which must be close to the cost of material only. I usually have a few sets in stock in the Yellow and Orange colors only, but I don't stock them in other colors.
914werke
Mark are these trimmed at the fender wells or long ...?
tumamilhem
I'll take a Phoenix Red set.
Mikey914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Dec 27 2014, 03:50 PM) *

Mark are these trimmed at the fender wells or long ...?

These are longer so they can be wrapped around the edge.
sfrenck
I'll take a black set beerchug.gif
bakerj
I will take a black set.
Mikey914
Actually added silver metallic to the list Pics tomorrow, these are ready to ship. I'll be pm'ing all tomorrow.
I borrowed a pic to illustrate, I'll also install a set on my car tomorrow. The "letters" are your car paint in negative, the vinyl is the color applied ie Yellow, Orange, white, black, silver,
DEC
I'm in for 2 black
sfrenck
What's the shelf life of these as I don't want to try and warm up my car now to install them?
malcolm2
Hey, put me down for a BLACK set.

Clark
cjgb914
Yellow set for me please

C
Sea Dragon 914
I'll take a yellow LE set.
Mikey914
Really wanted to get to this today but ran out of time. I'll be posing tomorrow. Right now we have temps below freezing and my 914 is outside, so the vinyl will be an issue.
Mikey914
Finally got these on. I placed them a little lower than the LE on my black, so that depending on the angle it looks like it runs into the rocker, or has a thin line of Green.
Unfortunately it's been very cold here today, and I had to use a heat gun to get the vinyl to stick as I have no garage space today.
Pretty happy with the result.
Mikey914
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Dec 30 2014, 05:13 AM) *

What's the shelf life of these as I don't want to try and warm up my car now to install them?

I would say almost indefinite IF you keep in a temp controlled environment and not in sunlight. The OEM sample I obtained is about 40 years old, so less than that, but the material I'm using are modern and should be better.

PM's sent to all along with a extra special deal for those that have signed up (for 6 of you).

Thanks all!

PotterPorsche
Interested in 1 black set possibly one set in silver
mobymutt
I would like a black set. Can you ship to Canada?
Mikey914
QUOTE(mobymutt @ Jan 2 2015, 09:00 AM) *

I would like a black set. Can you ship to Canada?

I can. USPS is probably the least expensive as it will not hit you for the customs fees like UPS or Fedex. I have these up on the site right now under the GB section.
THX
PotterPorsche
Just ordered a silver set . Thanks again
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.