Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: She's finally driveable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DuckRyder
As you may remember, (from the PP Board "The Rescue: (Subtitle the 914 comes home) (or FREE 914 part 2)") I drug my dads long neglected 75 914/4 out of his garage somewhere around 3 years ago. I rebuilt the original engine and attended to the mryad of things that go with a car that hasn't run in 20 years or so.

There are still some things to do (Like heat for one) but the last thing preventing it from being a driver was the tires. Replaced the tires with some 185/65/15 Conti's and took her for a nice long spin this morning.

driving.gif burnout.gif

Just thought I'd share!
Series9
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
machina
congrats, smilie_pokal.gif

one of the finer things in life
dlo914
congrats...nice to hear another 14 is back on the road...a buddy and i took a spin around the local crest. pics are here
Joe Bob
It's always a fun time when the project is actually driven...congrats. mueba.gif
DuckRyder
I will try on more pictures. There are some on here including the ones commemorating its having moved under its own power for the first time in recent history.

Unfortunately, it sat from mid August until a week or so ago due to work, and work on my truck.

Its appearance has not really changed much; hopefully I can get to work on that over next winter.

SpecialK
Congrats Robert! smilie_pokal.gif

I hope one day to post a similar thread........ smash.gif welder.gif headbang.gif welder.gif driving.gif
jd74914
Congrats smilie_pokal.gif

Yeah, we need some pictures biggrin.gif
I hope one day to post a similar thread........

I do too, hopefully by mid summer cool.gif
jd74914
I really like the revolution rims smilie_pokal.gif
URY914
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Feb 3 2005, 04:33 PM)
I really like the revolution rims smilie_pokal.gif

I like them too, they use to be mine!

Good job Robert smilie_pokal.gif

Paul
DuckRyder
I like the revolutions as well, I need to pick up some Hoosiers or Victoracers for them. Looks like I might be able to make one or two Atlanta region autocrosses this year.

I put the new tires on the Fuchs for the street. I have some wheels ordered for the truck which have to be powder coated, I'm planning to have the revolutions done at the same time. I have to decide what color, I was thinking black, but something crazy like lime green crossed my mind too. cool_shades.gif

I think I might have tracked down the heater parts too! crest.gif
RON S.
Sounds great to here someone actually drive their project after so many years of work.

I'm into mine for 6yrs. so far,but 1 day driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif I'll be back in the drive also.
R
MarkG
Good deal!!

I finaly towed mine to a shop here in Colorado Springs for a fine tune/injection adjustment to get my emissions certification, should have it registered and on the road by next week!
DuckRyder
QUOTE (914RS @ Feb 3 2005, 05:11 PM)

O.k. here she is in all her Glory confused24.gif

user posted image

user posted image

And tucked away for the day, don't mind the mess, it is just most of a Ford Truck:

user posted image

I need to try to score some presentable center caps. crest.gif

Today was a nice day and I took the top off and rode around some more, and used some more RPM (Still breaking it in) Starting to remember why I always liked this little thing. pray.gif driving.gif

There was a point there that I was wondering.
roundboy914
car looks great.
congrats.
original paint?
DuckRyder
Thank You.

It is not the original paint. It was Silver from the factory. It has a so so repair on one of the front fenders, and I assume the previous owner had the Yellow done at that time.

It used to look above average for a Color change, but its showing some age. I want to return it to silver one day. But doing it right will cost a chunk of change (surely more than it is worth).

But then again I've got a nearly 8,000.00 motor for a 1972 Ford Truck, so that's never stopped me before. headbang.gif
Midtowner
Congratulations Robert! I can relate to your situation. I just pulled my father's 1973 914 2.0 out of the garage for the first time in 16 years back a month ago. Here it is:
mattillac
QUOTE (DuckRyder @ Feb 4 2005, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Feb 3 2005, 05:11 PM)

O.k. here she is in all her Glory confused24.gif

user posted image

user posted image

And tucked away for the day, don't mind the mess, it is just most of a Ford Truck:

user posted image

I need to try to score some presentable center caps. crest.gif

Today was a nice day and I took the top off and rode around some more, and used some more RPM (Still breaking it in) Starting to remember why I always liked this little thing. pray.gif driving.gif

There was a point there that I was wondering.

hey, i think i have the same front spoiler!! but mine doesn't seem to really want to fit that easily. did you have any trouble mounting youre front spoiler? if it's not too much trouble, could you post some close up pics of the spoiler? i havent mounted mine yet. it's sitting in the garage sad.gif i'd appreciate greatly any help. i'll owe you a beer.gif
DuckRyder
Midtowner:

Looks like yours faired better than mine!! Better year too! Looks like my parts car without the rust.

Mattillac:

I will try to take some pictures for you this weekend. (Sunday) IIRC it was on the car when Dad bought it. I've been thinking of replacing it with an LE one.
rick 918-S
Cool! clap.gif
914 novice
Congratulations!!!! mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif monkeydance.gif
mattillac
QUOTE (DuckRyder @ Feb 4 2005, 06:19 PM)
Midtowner:

Looks like yours faired better than mine!! Better year too! Looks like my parts car without the rust.

Mattillac:

I will try to take some pictures for you this weekend. (Sunday) IIRC it was on the car when Dad bought it. I've been thinking of replacing it with an LE one.

thanks alot!! anything you can do will help! rocking nana.gif
DuckRyder
mattillac

I ran out of time today. It did at one time have a screw in each end (near the wheel)

It fits up under the bottom of the rubber bumper, I can only see two screws from the bottom, they are in the corners where the fenders meet the front pan and I can see them through some elongated "D" shaped holes in the bottom of the cover. The spoiler has tabs on the top of it that these screws go through.

I suspect the screws are visible from inside the trunk, but I will check it out further tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.