Full Version: NPC: 1965 VW Notchback
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
Someone go and get it!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4806945475.html

cheer.gif

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
damesandhotrods
Been there done that. Too many obsolete no longer available parts…
fixer34
Gosh, I remember those cars well. I owned 6 (or 7) Squarebacks in my younger days, and a Fastback. I could pull a Type 3 motor, disassemble and rebuild it practically in my sleep. Had a 1500S that was brought over before they were officially imported in '66. Only VW I ever saw with domed pistons. I have on sitting on my workbench to this day...
r_towle
Love that car, only one I have never owned, but at that price, good luck.
mapguy

Been there done that. Too many obsolete no longer available parts…

agree.gif

Harumph.

Lots of fun and you'll be the only kid on your block that has one, but you'd better make sure it's all there.

And whatever you do, don't break that back glass.
Bill D
Had a 65 normal with a single side draft carb. Rode like a bigger car, very nice. Also had a 63 with push button dash that I sold to my brother when we left New Mexico. I still like them but wouldn't push out the 914 to get one
Bill D
Oops forgot to mention that the pre 67 models had a different door latch that is nla. When it breaks the door won't close all the way. Happened to me when I put in new door seals.
JawjaPorsche
Traded in my 1968 VW Fastback for my 1973 914 in February 1973! They gave $350 trade-in value because it had a few dents! smile.gif
oldschool
Click to view attachment My buddy's
aircooledtechguy
I've been sitting on a Ruby Red '65 Notch "S" for over 9 years now. After all the fun I've had building and driving my Square as of late, I've been having really naughty thoughts about what I should do with that. . . happy11.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif driving.gif
Big Len
Price seems a bit optimistic.
McMark
drunk.gif
Dave_Darling
Isn't that the exact same state that car has been for the past 5 years? Or is it 10 years? wink.gif

--DD
Mike D.
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Dec 29 2014, 08:29 AM) *

I've been sitting on a Ruby Red '65 Notch "S" for over 9 years now. After all the fun I've had building and driving my Square as of late, I've been having really naughty thoughts about what I should do with that. . . happy11.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif driving.gif

3.2 idea.gif
Mike D.
Mine
Click to view attachment

The long term plan dream is a 2.7 and 915 trans. etc., etc. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
rgalla9146

When I first saw the fuel injection in one of those I thought "what the hell ?" not in a VW for Gods sake ! ~ forty friggin years ago !
I like em'
Porschef
This one was at the Flanders Air Cooled Show back in late Sep.
Looked relatively complete

Click to view attachment
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Dec 29 2014, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Dec 29 2014, 08:29 AM) *

3.2 idea.gif

Much naughtier thoughts than a 3.2. . . That's darned near a bolt-in!!

I've been thinking dreaming of a more modern '99-'05 3.4/3.6L, 6-speed Carrera 4S power & AWD suspension on a custom tubular frame with the Notch "S" body stretched over it. So it looks like a caged Notch with just Porsche wheels/brakes at a glance. Something totally ridiculous that only a fool like me would do!! lol-2.gif
Root_Werks
I'm not allowed to own T-3's anymore, I do weird things to them:

fixer34
QUOTE(Porschef @ Dec 30 2014, 08:08 AM) *

This one was at the Flanders Air Cooled Show back in late Sep.
Looked relatively complete

1961?? I don't think so...

I'm pretty sure the first year for Type 3's was 1964
Cap'n Krusty
Wikipedia disagrees: 1961 for the notch and the T34 Ghia, the Squareback followed in 1962 and the Fastback in '65. Since the notch and Ghia were first produced late in '61, I'm guessing they were MY '62s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Type_3

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.