Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocker Arm Spacer & Shim Configuration.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
Type4 store rocker arm spacer and shim arraignment. Does the picture look correct?

Is there no shim or washer between the inner side of the rocker shaft mount and the outer side of the rocker arm, wouldn't this be a high wear area?

How tight should this assembly when installed?

Thanks. Click to view attachment
Mark Henry
You put it what ever way gets the adjusters as centered on the valve as possible.
Around .004-.006 clearance should be good.

Are those arms modified? They won't work if they haven't been.
malcolm2
found a photo of mine.

Click to view attachment

might have to zoom in to see.
michael7810
You will likely have to lap the solid spacers to get clearance. My rockers were tight, and I just kept lapping the spacers on fine sandpaper until the rockers were free. I've read others had to do the same.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(michael7810 @ Dec 30 2014, 11:06 AM) *

You will likely have to lap the solid spacers to get clearance. My rockers were tight, and I just kept lapping the spacers on fine sandpaper until the rockers were free. I've read others had to do the same.

It doesn't have to be very fine, stuff like this I've used 120, but I know how to do it so you might want to double that number.

Personally I've never liked aluminum spacers, I use the spacers from hydraulic engines or I make my own out of heavy steel tube.
tach
Thanks for the reply's. I ended up with .0035-.004 clearance between shims and spacer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.