Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheap Therapy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ematulac
The minivan is dead and my wife and I are in the middle of buying a house, so I needed my dose of cheap therapy today. wacko.gif

Was in La Canada to drop off some stuff at the escrow company, so naturally I took Angeles Crest back to Burbank.
laugh.gif

ematulac
That's downtown Los Angeles in the background.
ematulac
Hard to see with the smog ... icon8.gif
ematulac
Another view point ... this one overlooking Big Tujunga reservoir.
MattR
Damn, where did you go? Thats WAAAY more smog then usual. My favorite road: go up to red box, while you're there theres a small (read SMALL) road past the ranger station. Basically take a right from the main road past the parking lot there. Ohh, its fun. Also Upper Tujunga road is good. You'll have to look for that one. Its up past red box and theres a right hand turnoff. The road is too rough though for a 914, i think.
ematulac
Here's the reservoir ...
ematulac
I was almost back in civilization when I hit a detour. That stream must have been a torrent during the rain storms, and washed part of the road away. I had to do a bit of off-roading to get around it.
ematulac
A closer look ...
ematulac
QUOTE (MattR @ Feb 3 2005, 03:23 PM)
Damn, where did you go?  Thats WAAAY more smog then usual.  My favorite road: go up to red box, while you're there theres a small (read SMALL) road past the ranger station.  Basically take a right from the main road past the parking lot there.  Ohh, its fun.  Also Upper Tujunga road is good.  You'll have to look for that one.  Its up past red box and theres a right hand turnoff.  The road is too rough though for a 914, i think.

I took Chevy Chase up from Foothill Blvd. I know the smog looks bad here, but it looks even worse when you're viewing it from the mountains in the east. It looks like a brown pillow sitting on the horizon. barf.gif

I'll have to find the road off of red box. Have you tried going up to Mt. Wilson? TIGHT curves. Ran out of daylight, so I never made it up to the top ... gonna have to try it again some day.
scotty b
Tujunga ?? this isn't going to be about mike Z's avatar again is it? laugh.gif I WISH more than anything I could take a drive like that in Jan.!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.