Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - door switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
potomacmidget
Hi All,

Looking for a door switch for my 71, 914. Looking for the switch that works the interior light.

thanks in advance,

Reg Kidd
bdstone914
QUOTE(potomacmidget @ Dec 28 2014, 09:15 PM) *

Hi All,

Looking for a door switch for my 71, 914. Looking for the switch that works the interior light.

thanks in advance,

Reg Kidd

There were four pole and two pole door switches. Do you know which you need?
JeffBowlsby
4 pole was used through 1973.
potomacmidget
QUOTE(potomacmidget @ Dec 28 2014, 10:15 PM) *

Hi All,

thanks in advance,

Reg Kidd

I will defer to Jeff's knowledge, I guess I need the 4 pole -as I have a 1971 car. The current switch won't work the light, and I found that a prior owner had cut away some wire insulation to indeed verify that the switch was getting power (I did the same thing and then accidentially shorted the wire and luckily only blew the fuse. I am guessing the switch is bad and am willing to give another switch a try. Any advice on removing the switch? It seems particularly tight in there.
thanks,
Reg
bakerj
[quote name='potomacmidget' post='2127561' date='Dec 29 2014, 10:22 AM']
[quote name='potomacmidget' post='2127434' date='Dec 28 2014, 10:15 PM']
Hi All,

thanks in advance,

Reg Kidd
[/quote]

I will defer to Jeff's knowledge, I guess I need the 4 pole -as I have a 1971 car. The current switch won't work the light, and I found that a prior owner had cut away some wire insulation to indeed verify that the switch was getting power (I did the same thing and then accidentially shorted the wire and luckily only blew the fuse. I am guessing the switch is bad and am willing to give another switch a try. Any advice on removing the switch? It seems particularly tight in there.
thanks,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-914-DOOR-C...=item4ae1dd8b88
bakerj
I have bought from this seller with no issues, if you search his other items there is one with 3 pins i believe also available...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.