Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dumb Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
riverman
What are these for?
redshift
Those are the rust drains, don't remove them, your car will sink.

M
xsboost90
im pretty sure on the assembly line, they dip the car into a vat of primer. Then when they lift it out these holes let the primer drain out completely. Then they put the caps in w/ that yellow looking crap.
jd74914
really, thats interesting. confused24.gif I've always wondered what they were for
lapuwali
I would suspect they're also access holes for a spot welder, which has to be able to touch both sides of the panel being welded. The center tunnel is spot welded to the floor, yes?
914werke
they dip the car into a vat of primer.

Hmmmm not so sure of that...Have you ever opened up the longs?
No primer in there.
SpecialK
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Feb 3 2005, 04:09 PM)
I would suspect they're also access holes for a spot welder, which has to be able to touch both sides of the panel being welded. The center tunnel is spot welded to the floor, yes?

agree.gif

Spot welder access sounds reasonable......but they have kept all of my rust from draining out. wink.gif
Quilmes
I am not sure what they are for but REDSHIFT thanks for the laugh, monkeydance.gif I almost pissed my pants, now my co-workers are wondering what I am laughing at so loud.

Thanks beerchug.gif
Joe Bob
Goatboy Glory Hole?
blink.gif
riverman
Thanks for the info, guys. I was thinking they were 'best before' markers like they put some food containers. If this was the case, my ride 'went off' a long time ago.
mike_the_man
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 3 2005, 04:42 PM)
Goatboy Glory Hole?
blink.gif

ROFLMAO! Don't get too close, you might lose an eye! ohmy.gif

bondo
QUOTE (rdauenhauer @ Feb 3 2005, 05:10 PM)
they dip the car into a vat of primer.

Hmmmm not so sure of that...Have you ever opened up the longs?
No primer in there.

Yup, I wish that's what they did.. but the underside of the center tunnel is bare metal. It's amazing mine isn't rustier (it just had random splotches of surface rust on the inside) There is also no paint under the floor tar (they put the tar down BEFORE painting.. what were they thinking?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.