Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBAY 914 sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JimFitz33
Has anyone seen this car on Ebay? It supposedly sold the first time a week or so ago with bids jumping $300- $3K at a time. Now it's back with a story about how someone used an unauthorized account to purchase... It feels rigged to me . Anybody know anything about this car? Does it smell fishy to you?
Bids are ALL private and jump by really odd amounts.
Looks nice but my spider sense tells me somethings off.
Thoughts?Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(JimFitz33 @ Dec 30 2014, 08:41 AM) *

Has anyone seen this car on Ebay? It supposedly sold the first time a week or so ago with bids jumping $300- $3K at a time. Now it's back with a story about how someone used an unauthorized account to purchase... It feels rigged to me . Anybody know anything about this car? Does it smell fishy to you?
Bids are ALL private and jump by really odd amounts.
Looks nice but my spider sense tells me somethings off.
Thoughts?

You don't have a link to it for someone to help you. ... add one .... type.gif

welcome.png

OK - You added as I typed! biggrin.gif ... still add the actual link for others to go look.

I'd seen it as a value comp for my resto only (I'm not a buyer) & cuz it's the same OE color combo as mine.

That said - IIRC it had odd color matched interior door panels that looked redone, but otherwise a clean looking 914.

Seller looks to be a Porsche dealer, so try googling them & call direct to talk & get a sniff test, then decide if you think it's worth looking at it further.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
malcolm2
dec 30 2014 eBay ad current bid is $7800

Fishy or not the car looks nice. Poke around with a screw driver under the car, Hell Hole, Jack Points, take off the longitudinal covers, drive it and buy it. Looks-wise it seems to be a high value car. The areas I mentioned can hide lots of rust.

Might check the DMV for a clean title? Could there be any other fishy-ness?

I wonder if it is missing the suspension cover for the master cylinder and steering rack, or they just took it off to take photos. Not a huge deal, but if you buy it, find a cover for under there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.