Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automobile "Collectible Classics"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DBCooper
This month's Automobile "Collectible Classics" feature car:

IPB Image

LINK HERE

Read the comments section to get a feel for what a lot of non-914 owners think of the car. Beauty's in the eye of the holder, of course, and none of those cretins have ever driven a 914, but with that kind of image it's hard to see values shooting up like the 356. No problem for me, I just like to drive it.

wndsnd
Click to view attachment

lol-2.gif av-943.gif laugh.gif slap.gif
StratPlayer
I asked the salesman when I bought my tundra, how come no manual transmissions in these trucks. He replied because the younger people don't know how to drive a manual transmission. So toyota only puts automatic trans in their trucks. Sad
Larmo63
It's funny how people always comment about my 914 wherever I go. Cars today are largely vanilla, and all look alike. Young people here want something different and unique. I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about the 914, I like it.Click to view attachment
campbellcj
I didn't read the article/comments but IMO the 914 is far more fun to drive than either the 356 or early 911. So screw these ignorant fuchers.
r_towle
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Dec 30 2014, 01:56 PM) *

I didn't read the article/comments but IMO the 914 is far more fun to drive than either the 356 or early 911. So screw these ignorant fuchers.

have you driven both?
GeorgeRud
I've been fortunate enough to have three 914s (2 being -6s), and three 911s since 1974. The 911 Targa is nice for cruising, but the 914s are to remind me how much I loved my go cart when I was growing up.

As long as health permits, I need to have at least one of each! I'd be happy to win a new 911 Targa, but I don't have any desire to deal with the depreciation and complexity of the new models.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 30 2014, 02:52 PM) *

have you driven both?

The 914 and 356 are loads of fun, in different ways...my brother's 930 in yet another awesome way. I hate waiting for my lazy but to get my /6 conversion done to compare that experience.

BTW, driving a sorted/tight 356 is TOTALLY different than a tired one. I was amazed at the difference when I shopped for mine.
campbellcj
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 30 2014, 03:52 PM) *

have you driven both?

Yep - I had a 70 911E for about 12 years and daily-drove it much of that time, and my father-in-law has a mint '64 356C (original-owner factory-delivery) that I've taken out several times. I do not mean to say they are not all fun and desirable cars as that would be silly. I've driven 944's and various other classic models as well. But for overall pure driving fun I do prefer the 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.