Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 LE Cremesicle for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nevis
Porsche 914 LE Cremesicle - new lower price-

for sale is our 1974 Porsche 914 LE- car is in excellent condition- fully sorted

a couple small rust bubbles in paint-
excellent gaps- no sign of any accidents
5 Mahle wheels- short shifter- no leaks in motor
nice interior -LE registered -clean CA title

strong 2.0 motor was rebuilt according to previous owner, not documented
trans shifts perfectly, no noise, no grinding
car has been repainted in Irish green to a very good standard-very presentable but a re-spray back to original Cremesicle paint scheme could be done in future or drive as is now
new rear shocks- recent service, tires are very good, handles excellent with the benefit of F&R factory sway bars which came on the 914 LE package along with in bumper driving lights, center console guages and the ever popular light ivory and Phoenix red color scheme

The Porsche 914 Limited Edition were only built for a short period of time in 1974-1000 cars total, half of which were Bumble Bees, the other half Cremesicles

there are only 236 surviving examples in the world- less than 100 are Cremesicles remaining

$14.9 K
MikeInMunich
Dat don look like no Creamsicle ta me. confused24.gif

Good look with the sale. IMO a CoA from Porsche might be a good selling point.

M.i.M.
nevis
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Dec 30 2014, 01:37 PM) *

Dat don look like no Creamsicle ta me. confused24.gif

Good look with the sale. IMO a CoA from Porsche might be a good selling point.

M.i.M.

thanks for your opinion and suggestion Mike- 100% Cremecicle per VIN and 914 LE Registry
Cairo94507
Get the COA if you want to sell it (more) easily - just my little old opinion.
gcrotvik
Just curious. Is this claim correct? "there are only 236 surviving examples in the world- less than 100 are Cremesicles remaining"
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Dec 31 2014, 11:58 AM) *

Just curious. Is this claim correct? "there are only 236 known surviving examples in the world- less than 100 are Creamsicles remaining"

Yup.
turbome
Hi, I may be interested in your 914. Where is it located and can it be seen in person? Can you email me with your contact info?
nevis
QUOTE(turbome @ Jan 1 2015, 03:51 PM) *

Hi, I may be interested in your 914. Where is it located and can it be seen in person? Can you email me with your contact info?

Hi-

Car is in the Los Angeles area.

best is to call or text me at 818 613 3107

Darryl
nevis
Hello all-

real Cremesicles are rarer than hen's teeth-less than 100 examples left in the world

Cairo94507
I agree real LE's are rare. If you had the COA to prove your car is a true LE I think it would likely sell and sell for more. Just saying.....again.
87m491
Quite possibly, though if the biggest differentiator between regular 914s and these LEs is the factory cosmetics, what discount do you apply for lack thereof?

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Jan 10 2015, 05:59 AM) *

I agree real LE's are rare. If you had the COA to prove your car is a true LE I think it would likely sell and sell for more. Just saying.....again.
mepstein
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jan 17 2015, 04:35 PM) *

Quite possibly, though if the biggest differentiator between regular 914s and these LEs is the factory cosmetics, what discount do you apply for lack thereof?

cosmetics and the correct serial number

Of course you cant drive a serial number but it's important to some people.
pnewman
So how much would it take to get this back to showing it's true colors?
Is a rotisserie in its' future?
Missing specific LE items too?

Subtract that from a turn key creamcicle price.
...unless of coursce you want a very nice example of a green 914 for $15K.

my $.02
hotlanta914
I am interested in your 914. Can you send me a picture of the paint code plaque located on the forward section of the driver's side door jam. Can you also send me a picture of the engine compartment so that I can see the condition of the hell hole / battery tray and the extent of the repaint.

Thank you,

Brian
Creamsicle New Zealand
Has any one looked at this car yet?
NC-914
QUOTE(87m491 @ Jan 17 2015, 01:35 PM) *

At this point, the only differentiator between the regular 914s and the LEs is the COA. Almost none of the real LEs have original paint, so without that piece of paper from Porsche, even the authentic LEs are no different than a fully optioned '74 2.0 with an "L80E" or "L041" paint code on the chassis plate.
This car has no original paint and no COA, so...

Of course, you can't drive a COA, either.
914werke
QUOTE(NC-914 @ Feb 6 2015, 05:40 AM) *
At this point, the only differentiator between the regular 914s and the LEs is the COA. Almost none of the real LEs have original paint, so without that piece of paper from Porsche, they are no different than a fully optioned '74 2.0 with an "L80E" or "L041" paint code on the chassis plate.
This car has no original paint, no optional front valance, and no COA, so...

Which begs the question then: why bother marketing it as a LE?
You might help your cause to provide a Pic of the chassis plate.
Creamsicle New Zealand
VIN # appears to be correct. Which means this should be genuine. Does anyone disagree with this. Could a non LE car be registered with the 914 CAN-AM registry www.bowlsby.net as being genuine?
era vulgaris
It's on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-LE-CAN...=US_Cars_Trucks
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Feb 7 2015, 12:13 AM) *

VIN # appears to be correct. Which means this should be genuine. Does anyone disagree with this. Could a non LE car be registered with the 914 CAN-AM registry www.bowlsby.net as being genuine?

Jeff runs an informational Website; it is not directly affiliated with Porsche. So yes, this could be a non-LE car registered with Jeff's site. In fact, although this car is listed on the Jeff's site, it is clearly stated that this car is currently "Not Certified" as an LE. It also shows no information whatsoever that would identify it as an LE other than falling within the PCNA-stated VIN range (VIN 4742914914). I'm guessing the owner submitted his car to bowlsby.net as an "LE" with no supporting documentation, so Jeff listed it as "Not Certified" until he received additional evidence (hoping Jeff will weigh in with some clarification here). Jeff does not list the car as "Certified" unless he is sent a copy of the the official Porsche COA, which, as noted above, is really the only valid means of identifying authentic LE paint code cars. Perhaps Jeff will weigh in with some clarification here...

It would be awesome if this car is a true LE, because the VIN is so cool... but the seller's inability to provide a COA and unwillingness to even picture the chassis plate (with the paint code) casts serious doubt on its authenticity.
Creamsicle New Zealand
This is great feed back. Thanks to every one involved. I have one more question - did Porsche make non LE cars during the several week period of making LE cars. In other words could this VIN number have been made as a standard car during this LE period?
Creamsicle New Zealand
This is great feedback. Thanks to everyone involved. I have one more question - Did Porsche make non LE cars during the several week period of making LE cars. In other words could this VIN have been made during the LE period but have been made as a standard non LE?
Creamsicle New Zealand
Opps sorry for double up.
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(Creamsicle New Zealand @ Feb 7 2015, 03:32 PM) *

This is great feedback. Thanks to everyone involved. I have one more question - Did Porsche make non LE cars during the several week period of making LE cars. In other words could this VIN have been made during the LE period but have been made as a standard non LE?

Absolutely. All of the LE cars (except one, apparently) were produced within a certain VIN range, but not all the cars in that VIN range were LEs. Many were normal Sunflower Yellow, Olympic Blue or other standard and optional color cars.
87m491
Nice bait and switch with the picture of the proper LE liveried example as the ads top picture. While it has some outward LE items, touting the paint and front spoiler which are clearly missing, as possible value ads is really a nonstarter. As is the COA really as it would be in hand now had they applied for it when it was first up for sale.....

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Feb 7 2015, 06:52 AM) *

Mike Fitton
Here is a red flag, all the pictures on the Can Am website are the same ones in the Ebay listing. So he went and registered it recently: http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914CanAmRegistry.htm

Until a COA is produced with the Can Am option it is just a regular '74 2.0 in light ivory.
DEC
My actual project is in the LE VIN-Range has the same equipment
but it was never a LE.
It was a simple white 914 with the most of the available options.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;vinid=14674

Click to view attachment
Creamsicle New Zealand
Thank you to all for helping me with this. I'm new to 914 and could have made a big mistake. There are a number of things which have raised a red flag. I will keep looking for a LE.
JeffBowlsby
This was a great discussion fellas, sorry I have been away for a few days on business, otherwise I would have joined in earlier.

Everything said is pretty much spot on. The 914 LE Registry is just an information site, its not PORSCHE-sanctioned in any way and there may be errors unknowingly. The information made available to us is posted if it appears correct and we attempt to verify its accuracy. Note the number of listings that include what information we have, but which is insufficient to include in the counting of known survivors. We are doing our best to preserve the integrity of the information presented and not just post anything anyone send us.

Steve pointed out that the cars with a COA that we have a copy of are indicated as certified from PCNA and that is as real as it gets. Those without a COA are clearly indicated as NOT CERTIFIED to avoid any misrepresentation. Its in every 914LE owners best interest to obtain the COA as it verifies authenticity.

On 14914, this seller does provide a lot of photos in the Ebay listed to indicate its condition and even on how calling PCNA directly can verbally verify its authenticity. Too bad they just did not get the COA, its not hard to do. Priced appropriately, this could be a real find for someone willing to do the restoration it needs, it has a cool VIN for sure.

The LE Registry also lists tribute LEs and known Light Ivory/Black 914s within the LE VIN range that are verified to now be authentic. With 2400 VINs within the LE VIN range, and 1000 or fewer LEs made, obviously there are more 914s made within that range that are not LE's.

PS, All authentic 914LE cars are within the VIN range. The one car mentioned is perhaps in regards to the cars at the end of the Registry? Those are not LEs because they are missing the Can Am Equipment package.
Mike Fitton
When you call PCNA I bet they will only tell you that the vin# falls within the correct range of an LE. popcorn[1].gif

I don't know anyone who would take off the LE front spoiler and put a stock one on, no matter what color the car is. I guess it could have been damaged, but to me it is another red flag. How about scratching off some of the bumper black paint and show us some Phoenix Red.
nevis
QUOTE(Steve Snyder @ Feb 7 2015, 07:42 AM) *

Jeff runs an informational Website; it is not directly affiliated with Porsche. So yes, this could be a non-LE car registered with Jeff's site. In fact, although this car is listed on the Jeff's site, it is clearly stated that this car is currently "Not Certified" as an LE. It also shows no information whatsoever that would identify it as an LE other than falling within the PCNA-stated VIN range (VIN 4742914914). I'm guessing the owner submitted his car to bowlsby.net as an "LE" with no supporting documentation, so Jeff listed it as "Not Certified" until he received additional evidence (hoping Jeff will weigh in with some clarification here). Jeff does not list the car as "Certified" unless he is sent a copy of the the official Porsche COA, which, as noted above, is really the only valid means of identifying authentic LE paint code cars. Perhaps Jeff will weigh in with some clarification here...

It would be awesome if this car is a true LE, because the VIN is so cool... but the seller's inability to provide a COA and unwillingness to even picture the chassis plate (with the paint code) casts serious doubt on its authenticity.

Mike Fitton
This ad was posted on 12/30/2014. We are in the 4 to 6 week range for his COA, maybe he is getting ready to post a copy. smile.gif
nevis
Hello-I'm the seller of the 914 LE Creamsicle that posted this ad-
I'm amazed at so much response and debate regarding the authenticity of the car.
A couple things-
I don't have the COA but will order if the car doesn't sell as it's currently on eBay
As for the the LE Registry, more than half of the cars listed aren't "certified", which basically means they don't have a COA posted to the site.
I'm now attempting to add the photo of the chassis VIN plate to this ad. If I can't for some reason, serious buyers are welcome to email me or text me and I'll send them a photo I've taken. I've owned about a dozen Porsches, been a member of PCA, 911s Registry and other Porsche clubs. If I was going to take the time to falsify the sale of a Porsche I'd probably spend my efforts on a 911S ....just saying.
Again, serious buyers can email me at darrylbgood@yahoo.com or simply call me at 818 613 3107 I'm in the Los Angeles area.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(nevis @ Feb 8 2015, 05:18 PM) *

Hello-I'm the seller of the 914 LE Creamsicle that posted this ad-
I'm amazed at so much response and debate regarding the authenticity of the car.
A couple things-
I don't have the COA but will order if the car doesn't sell as it's currently on eBay
As for the the LE Registry, more than half of the cars listed aren't "certified", which basically means they don't have a COA posted to the site.
I'm now attempting to add the photo of the chassis VIN plate to this ad. If I can't for some reason, serious buyers are welcome to email me or text me and I'll send them a photo I've taken. I've owned about a dozen Porsches, been a member of PCA, 911s Registry and other Porsche clubs. If I was going to take the time to falsify the sale of a Porsche I'd probably spend my efforts on a 911S ....just saying.
Again, serious buyers can email me at darrylbgood@yahoo.com or simply call me at 818 613 3107 I'm in the Los Angeles area.

When you call PCNA do they tell you that it is an authentic Can Am/LE or just that the vin# is in the range?
lostreasure
I would love to find a 914 LE! have you tried scraping/testing any area-Bumper,wheels etc.. for signs of phoenix red color? Also I believe porsche will confirm the "LE'option over the phone but it usually takes 2-3 days for them to get a reply from records in Germany. Good luck and hope it turns out to be the real deal! Any one else out there i would gladly offer a $1,000 reward/finders fee for an original LE that i purchase.
struckn
I noticed in the EBay Photos there is White Paint showing under some of the ruber Gaskets and where the carpet was pulled it looks to be old original white paint. I think it also shows white under the engine compartment lid?

I'd give it a "may be could be", and with some further certification that would be a great find for some body.
nevis
VIN chassis plate photo added

hopefully someone will realize that this car is genuine and step up and buy-
it's amazing how much controversy this ad has brought-
by the way over half of the LE cars on Jeff's site are not certified...which simply means they don't have a COA

please contact me with any more questions- darrylbgood@yahoo.com 818 613 3107 OR COME SEE THE CAR

honestly if I was trying to falsify the sale of a Porsche I would probably do a 911S or another $100K+ car

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 8 2015, 05:31 PM) *

When you call PCNA do they tell you that it is an authentic Can Am/LE or just that the vin# is in the range?

The way it works is when you call you give them the VIN, they look up the Kardex of your VIN and confirm either way. They don't say "its within the LE VIN range".
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 8 2015, 06:17 PM) *

This was a great discussion fellas, sorry I have been away for a few days on business, otherwise I would have joined in earlier.

Jeff,
Thanks for chiming in here. I know a little about this stuff, but you are most certainly the LE expert! I'm glad I did not misrepresent anything about your most excellent Website. aktion035.gif

QUOTE(nevis @ Feb 8 2015, 08:42 PM) *

VIN chassis plate photo added...
honestly if I was trying to falsify the sale of a Porsche I would probably do a 911S or another $100K+ car

nevis,
The "chassis plate" is the plate in the forward section of the diver's door jam containing the stamped chassis number ("KAROSSERIE NR.") and the paint code ("KUNSTHARZLACK"). I'm surprised someone who has owned "a dozen Porsches" doesn't know that. shades.gif
A "Creamsicle" would have a paint code of L80E stamped on that plate.

With regard to LE "falsification." I can only say that it has been done before. After all, an LE has only cosmetic differences to the fully loaded regular 2.0 models produced within the LE VIN range, so it is much easier to claim that a 914 is an LE that has been resprayed and had various trim bits replaced than to try and replicate 911S mechanicals and build sheets. It's also less risky, because people spending $100K+ for a garage queen are going to do far more homework.

Still, LE or not, $15K for a fully loaded '74 2.0 CA car is not a bad price if it is in good condition. If I lived in the LA area, I'd certainly go look at it. It's just a bonus if the car began life as an LE; one could revert to the original paint scheme next time it was due for a respray (and look for an authentic optional front valance in the mean time). And I really like the VIN.
nevis
Steve-

thanks for the clarification-

correct chassis plate photo added-

gasman
The headlight linkage covers are supposed to be grey.....hard to tell but they look dark. Also, cant use the zoom feature on the battery tray pic...?
budk
This is a head-scratcher for sure. The headlight motor covers appear light colored to me but if I were trying to sell a car that should bring a premium I would spend the $150ish and get the damn COA. I ordered my COA before I ever picked up the car!

The vin is not 14914 which he ended up correcting, he linked to Jeff site as some sort of assurance that it is the real deal however Jeff has already stated that it is clearly identified as not certified because of the lack of a COA.

I hope it's real and I assume he has received enough feedback that he will get the COA and will likely end up putting a lot more money in his pocket.
Steve Snyder
QUOTE(budk @ Feb 9 2015, 04:18 PM) *

The vin is not 14914 which he ended up correcting...

Uh, yes, the VIN is clearly shown as 14523 in the pictures. You'd almost think I would have noticed that. rolleyes.gif Please ignore my prior comments about the VIN being cool. As you were.
Mike Fitton
Ok, just got off the phone with PCNA and they cannot verify over the phone any info on cars prior to '80 - '81. Older info is not in their computers. The only way you can certify that this is a CanAm/LE is to order a COA. This is starting to get interesting.
Cairo94507
This whole listing is weak. If I owned a real LE I would have the COA to prove its heritage and establish its value as a rare 914. Not having one is just a bit off -especially for one who has owned many Porsches.

It would be akin to me trying to sell my car and claiming it to be a 914-6 but never revealing the VIN or showing the COA and asking buyers to just trust that it is a rare(er) 914.

I expect either the owner will obtain and post a COA or some uninformed (or rich) buyer will just grab it up on the hopes it is what it is represented to be. My pockets are not that deep especially for someone I do not know. Best wishes to the seller and hopefully it truly is an LE and it is brought back to its former glory for all to enjoy. Caveat Emptor.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 9 2015, 02:03 PM) *

Ok, just got off the phone with PCNA and they cannot verify over the phone any info on cars prior to '80 - '81. Older info is not in their computers. The only way you can certify that this is a CanAm/LE is to order a COA. This is starting to get interesting.

PCNA must have either changed their previous level of customer service on the COA's or personnel, and fairly recently. Not exactly sure how they manage and process requests for COA's, it seems like its an admin pool and the level of service and therefore quality of info on the COA just depends on who picks up the phone. Years ago, they had no known phone access. Then we figured out how to call them and connected with a key person or two who were helpful, then apparently they have moved on. Now we've learned they won't assist by phone. Maybe wait a week and call again?

I always tell 914 LE owners that they need to get a COA for their car, they are only getting more and more expensive and more challenging to get correct.

News to me that they have their info on computer, good to know.
Sgrass

Since I am about 3 years too late in this thread this may be pointless, but just for the record, I am the original purchaser of the 914 with the serial number 4742914914. It was a black and yellow LE sold to me by Claire Porsche Audi just outside Boston in mid summer of 1974. As matter of interest the price was almost exactly $7040.00. The car was my daily driver until it was stolen from my apartment in Sherman Oaks, California (L.A.) sometime in the late '70s. I have no idea where the car ended up and haven't seen the serial number mentioned until this thread. It was an excellent car in every way, and was super in the PCA and POC events at Riverside, Ontario and Willow Springs.
87m491
3 years late or forty, there are a number of stories the past few years of stolen cars being returned to their previous owners after being rediscovered decades later. The plate in those pics say, at least then, it was still in California. Should be pretty easy to track it's movements since.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/cl...40-years-later/

popcorn[1].gif

QUOTE(Sgrass @ Aug 26 2018, 06:34 AM) *

Since I am about 3 years too late in this thread this may be pointless, but just for the record, I am the original purchaser of the 914 with the serial number 4742914914. It was a black and yellow LE sold to me by Claire Porsche Audi just outside Boston in mid summer of 1974. As matter of interest the price was almost exactly $7040.00. The car was my daily driver until it was stolen from my apartment in Sherman Oaks, California (L.A.) sometime in the late '70s. I have no idea where the car ended up and haven't seen the serial number mentioned until this thread. It was an excellent car in every way, and was super in the PCA and POC events at Riverside, Ontario and Willow Springs.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.