Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window fuzzy strip installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I want to install my new fuzzy strips in to the alum channel (retaining strip) It seems like the fuzzy strip is to narrow so it dosen't want to stay in the alum channel. I'm referring to 38, 39 & 40 from the PET

Click to view attachment
Harpo
The Top half of the aluminum channel is not the same on the top & bottom. The top has a less pronounced retainin feature than the bottom
Click to view attachment

The fuzzy strip is not uniform either. The silver edge is more pronounced than the other
Click to view attachment
stevegm
Not to hijack your thread. But I was just getting ready to post a question - how do you get the channel off with the windows in? I know there are three screws holding the channel on. But it doesn't appear that you can get access to them with the windows in. I searched the forum, to no avail. Anyone know?
Harpo
I removed my window before removing those screws

David
stevegm
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 31 2014, 05:22 PM) *

I removed my window before removing those screws

David

Wow. Getting ready to paint the car. I hate to have to remove the windows just to remove the channels.
Harpo
That is what I'm up to as well. I'm currently stuck on the forward (aluminum) window channel.

David
stevegm
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 31 2014, 05:29 PM) *

That is what I'm up to as well. I'm currently stuck on the forward (aluminum) window channel.

David

Forward channel? Do you mean the front of it?

Are the new fuzzy strips OEM, or repos? Possibly a slightly different size?

Question - it seems like most of the aluminum channels that hold all of the rubber are glued on with a black glue that makes it very difficult to get them off without bending them. Were yours glued on? When you put the channels back on does everybody reglue them? Or just screw them on?

Thanks,
Steve
OU8AVW
Your aluminum looks bent. I just did this to my '71 with the 914rubber parts. I had no problem making it all stay together. Be careful to line up the holes in the fuzzies with the holes in the aluminum.
PanelBilly
I had to use some pliers to squeeze the channel closed.
Harpo
These are 914rubber fuzzies. The old/original ones were a tight fit. I will check with Mickey
EdwardBlume
Taking the aluminum piece off can be a bear. I drilled mine out. Make sure its on good otherwise you'll be taking it all apart a 2nd time.
Harpo
I had to drill mine out also. I used a reverse twist drill bit with the drill in reverse

David
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Harpo @ Dec 31 2014, 05:29 PM) *

I had to drill mine out also. I used a reverse twist drill bit with the drill in reverse

David

Nothing wrong with braggin' aktion035.gif
stevegm
I just took the side window, vent window, and channel off the driver's side of my '72. This thread inspired me. I had been putting it off. I didn't have to drill any screws out. But, one was a real PITA. Does anyone know if the aluminum channels for the window fuzzy are available anywhere NOS?
Harpo
I'm not sure which P/N is the fuzzy, window scraper or aluminum retainer for the scraper & fuzzy. I got my fuzzy & scraper from Mickey. Stoddards nor Sierra Madre carry the aluminum channel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.