Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: misery and dispair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tryan
i have to remind myself that it is just a hunk of metal and she did not do it intentionally. but damit, damit , damit. why why why.

fender, trunk floor, bumper, bumperette, rim, tire, control arm, muffler, heat exchanger, halfshaft. exhaust is ripped from the head, so probably motor damage also.

i have full coverage and i am waiting on the adjuster. not a good day in tomland.
Dave_Darling
Ouch!!! I'm very sorry to hear about this. sad.gif

Similar body damage to my car cost about $2500 to repair. Similar suspension/etc. damage on a different occasion (don't ask) was also around $2500...

You aren't the only one to suffer a similar fate.

--DD
Steve Thacker
I'll cry for you
WHAAAAAAAAA!!!!! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
914guy
Oh my, I feel your pain sad.gif
Gint
Sorry man. I know how ya feel.
Jenny
can we start a support group for grieving owners? Or is the entire BBS dedicated to this??

I'm sorry to hear about this. Everyone is okay, yes??

Jen
Joe Bob
How'd it happen?
Qarl
Those evil boulders! How did they fall out of the sky like that and smash your 914 just so?!?

Must have been a heckuva tornado!
Jeroen
ouch! not a pretty sight...

cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
Jeez.

Now you have to get a 6.

B
tryan
the driveway is level at the top. she either did not set the brake, put into gear or both. one of the cats might have smacked it out of gear.

she has had a few 'oops did i back into something' crunches in the last 12 months. i quit asking, but i do hide the keys to the truck and the 911. this car had never ever been wrecked, bumped or had a door ding.

i just hope the insurance man is nice.

edit. yes, a 6'er would be a nice replacement.

i ripped up a 100 miles on her friday morning. she WAS running well and ready for the summer. ( sorry, she has working AC)

the local m-b dealer is about three weeks lead time for the clevite bench ( door glass is hanging up on both sides. sob )and i think i can get replacement/donor metal at aircooled classics or german auto in knoxville. i should just buy a pos shit for the summer or fix it and get a six.
tryan
more mangled metal.
tryan
trunk interior
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(tryan @ Jun 3 2003, 11:26 AM)
this car had never ever been wrecked, bumped or had a door ding.

Oh man, that makes it even worse. Sorry.
72Signal914
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!! sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

If that were me I'd be like- huh.gif .. ohmy.gif ... sad.gif ... mad.gif ..... finger.gif ..... ar15.gif ..... beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif ... barf.gif ... beer3.gif beer3.gif ... barf.gif ....

<-------------------
Lawrence
Going postal on his wife isn't going to fix it.

Sorry to hear about your loss. If there's anything we can do to help, please post.
72Signal914
Can you explain how it happened, I'm not getting a good picture of how she backed into a boulder
Jenny
She didn't. I think she didn't put the parking brake on and the car slid back into the boulder at some point. Sloped driveway.

Tryan, god bless you for having patience with her. I have very little patience, so I can really appreciate that.

Jen
tryan
i can't say anything to momma. i had a wreck on october 13 for three years in a row. now i don't drive on that day. duh. cosmic mis-alignment or something.

i promised this car to my 10 year old son, tyler. maybe a nice black side shifter 6 would lessen the pain. where is mullers blue one?

she just did not put it into gear or set the parking brake. the parking brake works very well and holds on a steep grade. the pb handle was up , but the car was not in gear when i looked at it. the driveway is steep but level at the top.

asking about it would be throwing salt in a wound. that was her ride.

i killed the last 914 one cleaning out a ditch a mach1....backwards. it happens.
Ferg
wow 3 accidents on the same day for 3 years staight? That is some wierd mojo, I would not even get out of bed on year Oct 13 this year. My wife has had 3 accidents in 4 years and they all fall in the same week each year. Wierd wacko.gif
tryan
i tried to pass an unloaded school bus and a truck going 20 in a 55. i flashed my lights and beeped my horn to let the truck know i was coming around and he cut me off into the ditch. he was drunk and went to jail. the scool bus driver called it in. no true damage. (95)

the following year a rented john deere 5200 tractor on a float jackknifed and landed in the bed of my truck. (96)

the next year i got out of the truck to lock in the hubs and the parking brake cable broke.(97)

i stay at the house or have someone drive me on that day. october 13 sucks.
Brad Roberts
Muellers car is gone... but we have several options right now. Still trying to nail down seeing a car close to me.

B
need4speed
My wife refuses to drive stick, that way I know she'll never wrech my toys. laugh.gif
seanery
I think I have a set of rear bumperettes in the trunk of the white car at b's shop. Need 'em?
tryan
karl hooked me up with a excellent 73 bumper, yes i would love them.

i hooked a vaccume pump up to the bleed hole in the control arm to suck the rubber bushing in the control arm...... well i thought it was a good idea.

i guess i'll go plastic until i can chunk down the bucks for the needle bearing set. i helped on of the top dogs at timken/torrington through m.e. ( reads never would have graduated with out me) maybe he throw a freebie my way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.