Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: car transport CA to TX?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tadink
Looking to ship the 914 chassis (sans engine) to TX from NorCal -

anyone have any recent history with a good shipper? what can we expect to pay?

has wheels / tires and rolls just fine, but no e-brake

and, can I include some stuff in the trunk for the new buyer?

thx

td
OU8AVW
Non-runners are EXPENSIVE! the issue is that it has to be first on/last off. I had a non-runner VW van delivered from Memphis to the East Coast. It was $1000. Runners that I had delivered, two from TX and another from Newport, RI were $500 each. I told the dispatcher that timing was not critical so he was able to shop the job out to a driver who would do it for my price.
Mike-
Maltese Falcon
Get a quote from
Echo Global Logistics
They will find you the fastest, best and cheapest freight carrier.
EdwardBlume
I used DAS terminal to terminal. agree.gif Not cheap for a roller.
McMark
Just above $1000.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(McMark @ Dec 31 2014, 05:22 PM) *

Just above $1000.

Who did the LIMO?
McMark
Rick set that up. confused24.gif
billh1963
Try uship
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jan 1 2015, 03:56 AM) *

Try uship

agree.gif
mr2by4
The numbers above a re a bit low. I was just shopping shipping a runner from Washington state to Texas. Even using u-ship it was all over $1000. I can only imagine you will pay significantly more for a non-runner.
If you want solid pricing and excellent service, I can strongly suggest Angels Moving Autos. I have used them several times and my friend that has a shop here in Texas uses them almost exclusively (unless a customer has a different preference).
Good luck with the project!
Message me if you want contact info etc.
MikeInMunich
I have a bunch of stuff in Sun Valley that I want to have in Texas, near Austin. If you're interested in working together I may be able to help bring your cost down. I have seats, exhaust, a rear spoiler and some smaller stuff that I need to have brought over there for a new project. Please get in touch if you're interested. Thanks,

M.i.M.
tadink
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 1 2015, 07:38 AM) *

I have a bunch of stuff in Sun Valley that I want to have in Texas, near Austin. If you're interested in working together I may be able to help bring your cost down. I have seats, exhaust, a rear spoiler and some smaller stuff that I need to have brought over there for a new project. Please get in touch if you're interested. Thanks,

M.i.M.

Hey MIM - Sun Valley - as in SoCal or Idaho or near the Mall in Pleasant Hill, CA?

there may be a way to play together on this - I've asked my buyer where in TX he wants the chassis to go....

lemme know

td
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(tadink @ Jan 1 2015, 11:28 AM) *

M.i.M.

Hey MIM - Sun Valley - as in SoCal or Idaho or near the Mall in Pleasant Hill, CA?

there may be a way to play together on this - I've asked my buyer where in TX he wants the chassis to go....

lemme know

td

SoCal. I would be happy to hear the destination is near Austin.

When are you looking to do this. I'm interested in ASAP.

beerchug.gif
tgranger3
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 1 2015, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(tadink @ Jan 1 2015, 11:28 AM) *

M.i.M.

lemme know

td

SoCal. I would be happy to hear the destination is near Austin.

When are you looking to do this. I'm interested in ASAP.

beerchug.gif

MIM - I am the buyer and I am in Austin, TX. I think it will be mid January before we are able to get the move arranged.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.