Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cruise Control on a 914 with injection.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
I would like to put some sort of cruise control on my 914 and was wondering if anyone has it on a 914 and what brand is working well.
Bleyseng
I have used a brick on the gas petal on long trips...... biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I have one of those kits....I've never installed it.
gryphon68
I installed an Audiovox CCS-100 Universal Cruise Control on a sport touring motorcycle, worked very well. It is an automotive unit that became very popular with motorcyclists. As long as the car has a mechanical throttle, you should be able to adapt it, it is a universal kit, it will not be plug and play, and requires some creativity in fitting everything properly.

Audiovox no longer sells this unit, but it appears that a clone from the original manufacturer is available here:

http://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?products_id=422

The CCS-100 is a vacuum based servo, if lack of vacuum is a concern you might want a vaccum reservoir as part of the system, or consider a more modern all electric alternative here:

http://www.amazon.com/Rostra-Universal-Ele...sxp_grid_pt_0_1

No experience with this unit, but great reviews on Amazon, and apparently Rostra was the original manufacture of the Audiovox unit. In addition to being totally electric, it may benefit from a decade or more of technology improvements compared to a clone of the original Audiovox.

Elliot Cannon
Cruise control?? Next I guess you'll want power windows and lockable doors.
cary
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 31 2014, 09:02 PM) *

biggrin.gif
tomeric914
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 31 2014, 10:39 PM) *

I have used a brick on the gas petal on long trips...... biggrin.gif

agree.gif

Many years ago I commuted with a '71 Camper Bus with a 1600 dual port. A brick on the gas pedal would maintain 65 mph on the flat. beer.gif
76-914

poke.gif And this comes from a guy with 18,000+ hr's on Auto-Pilot. av-943.gif lol-2.gif laugh.gif happy11.gif
TheCabinetmaker
My 75 had a cruise control when I bought it. Almost killed me and almost blew up my engine when it tagged 8k and stuck. Good thing I was quick with the key. Immediately removed it. This is just my experience, but I'd never put one on a 914 after that.
Krieger
I've used my hand throttle on flat drives and that worked well...
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(cary @ Jan 1 2015, 06:18 AM) *

biggrin.gif

Openable doors would be nice, too ...

The Cap'n
r_towle
The 911 (my 1984 model) had cruise control based upon vacuum which pulled a seperate throttle body lever.
Might be something you could adapt.

Rich
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 1 2015, 12:06 PM) *

I've used my hand throttle on flat drives and that worked well...

agree.gif

I have two complete cruise control units. I never installed either of them.

Install a hand throttle kit. It works fine. You just have to remember to push the hand throttle if you have to stop suddenly.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.