Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: black 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
does anybody know if black was a color option on a 76 914, or a possible repaint....I have seen a few pictures of black cars, but dont know if they are original.
thank you.
redshift
Yes!

M
Bleyseng
No, all 76 cars were painted Nepal Orange! wink.gif
redshift
In the immortal words of Jake, "Nice try!".

M
Porsche Rescue
Black was an option every year from '71 on according to Brett Johnson's book, just not very common.
boxstr
As Henry Ford said, Give the customer any color they want, as long as it is black.
Yep, I had a 76 Black 914 Original paint.
CCLINTHEBLUEOVAL
bd1308
saw a 75or 76 914 1.7L? in B.G....looked rusty but did have A/C and a bunch of crap parts all in the seats....it was black though....and brown wink.gif

fer sale too smile.gif welll..it was. i think the guy wanted 3500 for it but dropped it to liek 1800 or something like that...
StratPlayer
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 3 2005, 07:15 PM)
No, all 76 cars were painted Nepal Orange! wink.gif

Sure that isn't fiesta orange??
joeav8tor
thanks to all for the replies....even the Nepal Orange one. flag.gif
Bleyseng
http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.html is the site to look at all the 914 colors with pics of real cars!

(its Nepal Orange not Fiesta)

Geoff biggrin.gif
MarkG
My '76 was black OEM but the PO repainted it burgandy......
914werke
There is an original black 72 here about a mile from me for sale....very rust free, not TO bad...$1500.00

Martin thas all very good information...if youd fill in youd LOCATION screwy.gif
roundboy914
my '76 has its original black paint.
shitty, but original.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.