Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saratoga Top Manufacture...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeInMunich
Some of you may have seen the listing from Craig's List for another Saratoga top for sale recently in San Diego for $500. I jumped on it because I have not seen them advertised for less than $1000 thus far.

It turns out that getting new or at least good used seals for them may be impossible.

While seeking a source I found this (link below), which may be interesting, though I realize this subject has been discussed before. There is a thread from about 8 years ago on 914club.com and likely others as well, but hey, I figure why not bring it up again? popcorn[1].gif

Any suggestions for a source on new seals other than 914rubber? I already sent a request to them. No reply yet.

Mike in Munich

See:

http://www.pilkington.com/en/us/news/lates...ington-classics shades.gif
JeffBowlsby
You can build them up from sections of other standard automotive weatherstripping glued together...that's how Saratoga Tops originally did theirs. The side strips in particular are rather bulky.
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 1 2015, 08:30 AM) *

You can build them up from sections of other standard automotive weatherstripping glued together...that's how Saratoga Tops originally did theirs. The side strips in particular are rather bulky.

Thanks for that info. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Yep that's an option.
Mike Bellis
I think the 914 Rubber version is better quality than the original Saratoga.
Mikey914
The one in question is the 944 that Pilkington made. It's a sheet of 1/4" tempered glass. The issue is the mounts and the seals I was not able to resolve these without expending my efforts away from 914 production items and Really didn't want to get into the 944 stuff until I have the 914 ones back in production (April of this year 2015) as we have laid out in our current business plan.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.