Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DavidSweden
One of the rubber tranny mounts on my car needs replacing.

There appears to be expensive as well as cheaper alternatives on the market.

Anyone tried the cheap ones manufactured by URO or these from Sierra M
jack20
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Jan 1 2015, 06:51 AM) *

One of the rubber tranny mounts on my car needs replacing.

There appears to be expensive as well as cheaper alternatives on the market.

Anyone tried the cheap ones manufactured by URO or these from Sierra M

The original mounts are about 3/8" taller than the ones from URO and have rubber "shoulders" that fit against the mounting bracket. When I received the URO mounts, mine were from AA, and questioned the fit, I was told that they will fit just fine. I didn't like the fact that I had to keep tightening the bolt to take up the 3/8" of slack so I sent them back and sourced OEMs. The also sell the UROs as engine mounts. Same p/n.
Jack
Luke M
I bought Wevo mounts for my car.

http://www.wevo.com/Products/ChassisProduc...TransMounts.htm
rhodyguy
If you elongate the 2 bolt holes a tad, the sport transmission mounts for a 911 will work just fine at a reasonable cost. Check @ GPR, pelican, etc.
Krieger
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 1 2015, 10:47 AM) *

If you elongate the 2 bolt holes a tad, the sport transmission mounts for a 911 will work just fine at a reasonable cost. Check @ GPR, pelican, etc.

I think you mean 911 engine mounts? I am using these in both my 914s. A highly recommended upgrade. I did not need to open the holes in either car. Use some of the 911 engine mount washers too. There are threads on here where this has been done. Do a search.
Krieger
I used the stock bolt and large fat washer on the bottom. I had a small washer on top of the 911 washers. Ignore the wire in pic.
Tom_T
Rich Bontempi at HPH in Redwood City CA sells both the aftermarket & OEM ones FYI
beerchug.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 1 2015, 02:35 PM) *

Rich Bontempi at HPH in Redwood City CA sells both the aftermarket & OEM ones FYI
beerchug.gif

I thought OEM 914 tranny mounts were NLA?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 1 2015, 11:05 AM) *
I think you mean 911 engine mounts?

agree.gif

I have been using the 911 sport engine mounts for many years now, they work great!

driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jan 1 2015, 11:10 AM) *
I used the stock bolt and large fat washer on the bottom.

You should use the large stock cup washer on the bottom, it's designed to prevent the transmission from sliding off the mounting bolts.
popcorn[1].gif
Krieger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 1 2015, 12:04 PM) *

I used the stock bolt and large fat washer on the bottom.

You should use the large stock cup washer on the bottom, it's designed to prevent the transmission from sliding off the mounting bolts.
popcorn[1].gif

I just checked my other car and I did not include those washers... Do you have any idea under what conditions this would take effect. An accidental impact? I did this to my 4 cylinder car 8-9 years ago with many miles and 75 autocrosses. There doesn't appear to have been any movement in either car. Easy enough to install though.
aturboman
The Genuine Porsche and OEM mounts are NLA.
The URO 914 mounts are the same as the originals I've compared them side by side
People are using 911 mounts but they aren't dimensionally correct.
I paid over $200 for one NOS Genuine mount for my 6 but am currently running the UROs in my 2.0 and they fit and work perfectly. They're the only stock replacement mount on the market from what I've seen.
Cap'n Krusty

I used the stock bolt and large fat washer on the bottom. I had a small washer on top of the 911 washers. Ignore the wire in pic.

Should we also ignore the fact that the bolt is in upside down and the washer stack is mostly wrong?

The Cap'n
914Sixer
AA has made some repro's with the bumps on the metal just like the factory one. About the same price as URO.
pcar916
I've used the sport mounts on both ends... well, since I bought the car.

For those who don't know, sport mounts are the same as those used on the 911 cabriolet's from the '80s. They are stiffer and have a different # than those used on the coupes.

Just don't ask me how much stiffer they are 'cause I don't know anybody who's measured. That said, if anyone has, there's a good chance they're on this forum. beerchug.gif
johnhora
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jan 1 2015, 08:25 AM) *

Luke...did you use blue or black "pillows"....what is your opinion after using them...Thanks
larryM

interesting

maybe this helps explain why my Bursch won't fit under my car (heat shield intact), but it did fit OK under the old red sixer

i had been pondering having the muffler re-indexed (rotated) so it would fit - but that requires building a jig to keep it all aligned for the job - big hassle

a taller mount or an extra thick shim might solve that ???

r_towle
Cheap and one of the four mounting points for your engine and transmission should not be in the same thought or sentence.
Just my opinion.
Luke M
QUOTE(johnhora @ Jan 3 2015, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Luke M @ Jan 1 2015, 08:25 AM) *

Luke...did you use blue or black "pillows"....what is your opinion after using them...Thanks

I have the blue pillows with my Wevo mounts.. I wish I could tell you that they are great but I haven't put my car together yet.
GeorgeRud
I'm using the blue WEVO mounts on my 915 transmission on my conversion car. It doesn't seem to transmit too much vibration and certainly keeps the Trans nicely located when shifting gears.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.