Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Exch. Gaskets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scruz914
Heat exchanger gaskets run over $20 each! I was looking for some graphite gasket material to make a replacement and ran across wood stove gasket material. What have others done to fill the gap where the gasket goes? Any comments on the wood stove material? It would be real easy to find and the price is cheap.
scruz914
Here is a picture of the gasket.

Allan
I'm interested. Even looks the same. Got dimensions? Can you buy the material? Too lazy to read the fine print. wacko.gif
scruz914
QUOTE (Headrage @ Feb 3 2005, 08:53 PM)
I'm interested. Even looks the same. Got dimensions? Can you buy the material? Too lazy to read the fine print. wacko.gif

That is ipicture of the OEM gasket that costs $20+. I am thinking of buying the stove repair stuff, which is a 5/8" graphite rope material, and loop it in a circle the same size as the gasket. The ends would be glued together. The gasket really only fills a gap to keep the heater air from leaking out so it is not like I am trying to seal a machined surface. The stove material would hold up to the heat and its cheap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.