Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping car, Ottumwa IA to Sonoma CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Any ideas or just the usual shipping suspects? Car not currently a runner.

Thanks
ConeDodger
I had lunch with a certain someone in Sonoma on Wednesday and if this is the project I'm thinking of, you want to look at Iron Horse or one of the enclosed carriers. This time of the year, the truck has to cross the Rocky Mountains in the snow season and it would take a major clean up before any McWork could get started. The extra that an enclosed carrier would cost will probably pay for itself in the labor cost that wouldn't have to be done to clean out the crap from an open carrier.

By the way, exciting projects! drooley.gif
MikeInMunich
Hey, do you ever run into Radar over there? lol-2.gif

Cracker
If it is a "nice car" and you're not trying to "save every penny" I'd suggest Intercity. I shipped my race car back East from Sonoma Raceway with them last year (and a teener to SOCAL this Fall). They offer real service, cover every car in transport, etc. Best of luck!

PS: Should be about $1400-$1700 (BTW: I got cheap once and shipped a car from SOCAL/EAST for $800...$1000 dollars later at the body shop taught me a valuable lesson!!!!)

Intercity - 413-436-9511 (they're in my phone...)

Tony
ConeDodger
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 3 2015, 08:02 AM) *

Mike, he's on your side of the pond... But I get it lol-2.gif

Actually, it might be good to look Radar Orielly up and ask him about shipping the car. Didn't he ship a Jeep home to Ottumwa piece by piece?
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 3 2015, 08:39 AM) *

QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 3 2015, 08:02 AM) *

Mike, he's on your side of the pond... But I get it lol-2.gif

Actually, it might be good to look Radar Orielly up and ask him about shipping the car. Didn't he ship a Jeep home to Ottumwa piece by piece?

LOL! That's right! He did do that, didn't he?! My family and I LOVED watching M*A*S*H* and used to ask one another trivia questions. The last episode is still the most watched show in TV history, barring sporting events.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.