Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I can't win.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
So, I got the alternator installed on Betty's car. No more sudden brief cutout. But now I ended up with a dead hole. #4 is stone dead. Tested the injection with a noid light, and it is firing. Replaced all 4 plugs and the wire on the dead hole, and it still is misfiring.

Pulled the injector and ohm tested it. Open circuit on the coil. headbang.gif

I can't catch a break!

Anyone have a 912E injector for sale? I use them to put some additional fuel into the system to compensate for the "slightly" modified 1.8 engine.

rick 918-S
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 2 2015, 06:09 PM) *

So, I got the alternator installed on Betty's car. No more sudden brief cutout. But now I ended up with a dead hole. #4 is stone dead. Tested the injection with a noid light, and it is firing. Replaced all 4 plugs and the wire on the dead hole, and it still is misfiring.

I can't catch a break!

Anyone have a 912E injector for sale? I use them to put some additional fuel into the system to compensate for the "slightly" modified 1.8 engine.

Bummer, No 912E stuff. Check with Steve Pratel
worn
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 2 2015, 04:09 PM) *

I can't catch a break!

Have some 2.0 injectors if that will help. Sorry for the new year rain on your parade.
mepstein
912registry ?
JeffBowlsby
Not sure why you think the 912E injectors pump out more juice, same as the stock 1.8L injectors:

Bleyseng
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jan 2 2015, 04:09 PM) *

I can't catch a break!

On Sale!
http://www.busdepot.com/022906031d
r_towle
Don't you just love these cars, they are like black holes sometimes.

You go to fix a small thing and it sucks you in for a few hundred more dollars, just cause.
Tom_T
Rich Bontempi at HPH still has some NOS green top 2L ones, & maybe AA, but they work & are pricey new/NOS.

PS - That Bus Depot one doesn't look like a Bosch part, & Bus Depot is pretty loosey-goosey about what is a real OEM/VW/Bosch part vs. aftermarket - as I found out with may of their parts (same with GoWesty).

BTW - try VW Bus Shop - Peter Gunzl in Germany (google for it) - since they supply most of the stuff to GoWesty, Bus Depot, etc. - but without the mark-up & delays in shipping from the US guys!
Mblizzard
Clay,

I have a NOS green top 2.0 injector if you need it. Jeff is right there is bo step up with the 912. Search the world for FJ67. I found the specs for these and I am running the on my 2056 with good performance. Have an extra if you want to try it.
Bleyseng
Those green Djet injectors won't work too well with Ljet. Just find a Ljet bus injector.....
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 2 2015, 09:46 PM) *

Not sure why you think the 912E injectors pump out more juice, same as the stock 1.8L injectors:

Jeff,
The 1.8 injectors are 022 906 031 A, which was superseded by 022 906 031 C injectors. These are white injectors. The 76 912E injectors are 923 606 109 00, which are green injectors. They are the same as a 2.0 Bus with L-Jet. They do flow a little bit more fuel, and that helps with the slightly massaged engine in Betty's car.

A local 914 guy found some of the proper injectors for me. So I have a pair of used ones now.

JeffBowlsby
Hi Clay,

The 031A injector is D-jet for the 1.7L cars. 031C is L-Jet so they are not interchangeable but I know you know that.

923 606 109 00 is the Porsche PN for Bosch 0280150105 per my summary table above. These are the same injector. I checked several sources to verify that 923 606 109 00 and 0280150105 are identical and flow the same as factory stock 1.8L injectors. Do you have a reference that shows them as different? The 912E injectors should function identically to the stock 1.8L injectors.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 3 2015, 11:35 PM) *

Hi Clay,

The 031A injector is D-jet for the 1.7L cars. 031C is L-Jet so they are not interchangeable but I know you know that.

923 606 109 00 is the Porsche PN for Bosch 0280150105 per my summary table above. These are the same injector. I checked several sources to verify that 923 606 109 00 and 0280150105 are identical and flow the same as factory stock 1.8L injectors. Do you have a reference that shows them as different? The 912E injectors should function identically to the stock 1.8L injectors.

Jeff,
You are right about the 031A injector. But the 912E injectors ARE different, despite what the doc says. If you look online, the 912E injector is the same as the ones used in the Nissan 280ZX. Every website I looked at shows a different part number for the 912E vs the 914 1.8.

Maybe Porsche started consolidating part numbers along the way?

JeffBowlsby
Bosch makes injectors for many different vehicle brands, using one Bosch PN. Different car manufacturers assign their part numbers to the Bosch part which is why one Bosch PN may = several different vehicle PNs. Sometimes the different Bosch numbers are for subtle reasons - harder pintles, short hose, curved hose etc. But the injector body and performance are otherwise the same. Bosch catalogs show their injectors (and other parts), then shows the different applications to different vehicles.
Valy
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 4 2015, 05:55 PM) *

Bosch makes injectors for many different vehicle brands, using one Bosch PN. Different car manufacturers assign their part numbers to the Bosch part which is why one Bosch PN may = several different vehicle PNs. Sometimes the different Bosch numbers are for subtle reasons - harder pintles, short hose, curved hose etc. But the injector body and performance are otherwise the same. Bosch catalogs show their injectors (and other parts), then shows the different applications to different vehicles.

Bosch original datasheet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.