Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Behr Fresh Air Box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
Has anybody figured out why i cant move the middle lever? It just binds up so the straight cable now has a V in it right before the switch box....anybody know the cable route?
McMark
Eh? I've taken apart quite a few of these boxes.... but I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to figure out. confused24.gif
JmuRiz
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Feb 3 2005, 09:35 PM)
but I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to figure out.

I think he means the middle lever on the controls inside the cabin, right? Must have a bind and he wants to know the cable routing from the interior control to the fresh air box. Correct me if I'm wrong bd1308
McMark
Middle cable goes to the flapper boxes on either side of the front trunk. Have a friend wiggle the lever while you're looking at them to see which one it is. I believe that cable goes to the front of the drivers side one. Probably just stuck and needs some help getting free.
jr91472
don't know, but I am about to find out. Not only does my blower not work, but the control (top) lever no longer open and closes the fresh air box - the control cable binds up.

hmm wait, you said middle lever. The middle lever controls the two "routing boxes" (i.e no blower) under the defroster vents that feeds the fresh air either to the wind shield or to the cabin.

Open the front hood and see if you can manually open and close the vents with your hands. If they are just frozen from in activity, you might be able to loosen them up and stop your cable from binding.

good luck.
bd1308
right on man...it bound somewhere and i dont know how the BEHR box works....yet. somebody on the bird forum said something about leaves and crap getting stuck in the flaps so they lock up and bind the cables?
bd1308
OH!!!! okay, i think i know what youre talking about........pictures? thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.