Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: POC returning to Streets of Willow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
campbellcj
Hi All,

I want to spread the word that Porsche Owners Club has decided to not only return to SOW (Streets of Willow) this year, but also switch the PDS (Performance Driving Series) back to being a competitive timed series, as well as run Time Attack/Time Trial series at the short track. (There's no W2W racing at this track however.)

As some of you know, I have been driving with POC for many years now and I'm confident it offers some of the best instruction and safest/best-run events around. Streets is a shorter, highly technical course that is very well-suited for our 914's and other momentum/handling-biased cars. It is less intimidating than "Big Willow" but much faster than any autocross, and you are continuously lapping for 20-25 minute sessions, with passing allowed per the restrictions of your run group.

Come help me give the 911's some grief! I am typically quite quick at this track and hope to beat my all-time SOW best laptime at this event.

https://porscheclubracing.org/streets-willo...uary-24th-25th/

Cheers,
WolfR32
I might make it up but not with the 914, think I have a loose valve seat...
campbellcj
QUOTE(WolfR32 @ Jan 9 2015, 05:31 AM) *

Hi Larry -- I think this is Larry, right? -- long time no see! It would be awesome if you could make it even just to say Hi if not driving. The 914 contingent in POC has been shrinking a lot and I may be the only one out that weekend. sad.gif

OT but have you ever done or thought about vintage stuff i.e., VARA? That is still on my radar screen for this year, although I am slammed with work and other activities so car stuff may need to slow down for a while.

Cheers,
WolfR32
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jan 9 2015, 05:10 PM) *

QUOTE(WolfR32 @ Jan 9 2015, 05:31 AM) *

Hi Larry -- I think this is Larry, right? -- long time no see! It would be awesome if you could make it even just to say Hi if not driving. The 914 contingent in POC has been shrinking a lot and I may be the only one out that weekend. sad.gif

OT but have you ever done or thought about vintage stuff i.e., VARA? That is still on my radar screen for this year, although I am slammed with work and other activities so car stuff may need to slow down for a while.

Cheers,

Yup! It's Larry. Still not sure if I'll make it out or not working 6 days a week for now, so not a lot of spare time... plus house hunting on weekends...

I have thought of VARA but for the 914 I need a fuel cell and that is 2k alone... ( for the 914 cell) one of the other 914 guys sold and got a formula V to run with them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.