Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: get your car painted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
I've been helping Brandon Penserini get his shop ready for opening.

Tonight he said he's ready to start taking reservations for complete paint jobs or repairs.

Paint/Curing Booth should be in on Monday.

Call him at (707) 253-PAINT ( 7246 )

I'm going to get some paint work done this year, too.

KT
skline
Too bad you are way up there, Joe Buckle is ready to take his engine and everything out and off his car and trailer it to a paint shop to get it done. Anybody got some suggestions down here in Orange County for say less than 3k?
Trekkor
BTW, shop is in Napa, CA.

Room for 3-5 cars at a time, easy.

No cars get left outside. wink.gif

I'm going with light ivory.

KT
J P Stein
QUOTE (trekkor @ Feb 3 2005, 11:54 PM)

I'm going with light ivory.

KT

Kewl ....I've got a refrigerator that color. laugh.gif
Trekkor
I'm pretty sure my car can beat your fridge... lol2.gif
Trekkor
icon_bump.gif
Jenny
Awesome! clap.gif Glad to hear Brandon's moving into his shop. I've got some work that needs to be done on my teener. (will pca let you run a car with minor body damage??) Plus I'm hopefully acquiring a shit-brown 4Runner this weekend that I'll want repainted.

Jen
Brent
Jenny, is the shit-brown Toyota getting inspected?
bernbomb914
Scott have Joe check with evil ed for prices in TJ. they do good work for the money

Bernie
Jenny
QUOTE (Brent @ Feb 4 2005, 09:53 AM)
Jenny, is the shit-brown Toyota getting inspected?

Different one. This toyota is 4 years newer, about 3 hours away, and $600 cheaper. It will get inspected by a pro, but not before I purchase and drive it back, unfortunately. Unless anyone knows of a mechanic out in Orland, CA. screwy.gif

Jen
martinef1963
I would love too, but I live in Miami - I use to live in Vacaville, Fairfield area - Napa was fun on the brunch train - bringing back memories.

I was stationed at Travis - great location, just too dam expensive.

Best of luck to you in your new venture.... cool.gif
Britain Smith
Congradulations! I can't wait to check out your new shop...

Just in case everyone needs a reminder of Mark and Brandon's work, here is what they did to my car...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Jenny
drooley.gif
GTeener
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 4 2005, 10:25 AM)
drooley.gif

agree.gif clap.gif
Evill Ed
QUOTE (bernbomb914 @ Feb 4 2005, 09:55 AM)
Scott have Joe check with evil ed for prices in TJ. they do good work for the money

Bernie

Huh???

Evill Ed
Jenny
he meant Dr. Evil, the guy that's a med student. His avatar is that monkey spanking one. He does leather and vinyl work, dashes, seats and what not.

Jen
john rogers
I just had the race car stripped to bare metal and repainted at Los Ponchos in Tijuana. They had to remove 5 paint jobs, the fiberglass flares, welded fender seams and an unused filler opening in the hood and it was $1800 total. Took them a week and a half which included wet sanding and polishing. I'll take a couple of pictures tomorrow and post them.
skline
Los Ponchos is the place that Mike (Dr. Evil) would take it to in Mexico. We are going to pull the engine and transmission and all the stuff off the car so it will be trailered to where ever he takes it. So he would like to take it someplace local. I will bring it up to him again and see what he says. Please do post your pictures so he can have something to look at and help in the decision.
Evill Ed
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 4 2005, 08:40 PM)
he meant Dr. Evil, the guy that's a med student. His avatar is that monkey spanking one. He does leather and vinyl work, dashes, seats and what not.

Jen

Thanks for the clarification Jenny.

Ed
Trekkor
Talked to Brandon tonight.

He's finishing up the wall paint.
Booth comes Moday along with the other tools and goodies.

I'll be tiling the bathroom floor for him this week, too.

It's going to be a great shop and the quality of his work is gonna shine!

Can't wait to get my car painted.

KT
ppickerell
Brandon will be painting my son's fender repair next week. See previous McMark fender graft thread. I will probably have the tomato soup 914 up there for paint after mechanicals. I know, ass backwards.
tiim5
Brandon and McMark did the resto on my car. Brandon was meticulous in his work and detail. A problem arose, not of his doing, po's bad paint, Brandon worked beyond my expectations on his own time to get the finish he wanted. A great guy who takes pride in his work and our cars.
He has my highest reccomendation. I will be sending my 49' Buick convertible to him soon for some of his magic.
You can see my car at :

http://www.paintandmetal.com/projects/davi...a4/davila4.html
Trekkor
"The booth"...
Trekkor
come in...
McMark
All the lighting is hooked up and wired! Here's how friggin' bright it is with only 1/2 the lights turned on. w00t.gif
neo914-6
When's the open house???
McMark
It's taking longer to get the shop in shape than expected. sad.gif

Hopefully it'll be ready next month for a breakfast/lunch.
Jenny
Way to go Mark & Brandon!! smilie_pokal.gif Looks great!

Jen
mikey
Satisfied customer here! Brandon painted my 914-6 back to original Irish Green last summer and did a very good job - nice attention to detail. I want to have him paint my 1954 Porsche 356 Cabriolet too. The cab is next in line for restoration.

Mike

Trekkor
I'm driving my car down for body and paint tommorow morning. clap.gif

I plan to have all the trims, lights, bumpers, door handles, etc off by the end of the day.

I get to help boldblue.gif

Paint thread coming...

KT
Mueller
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 18 2006, 06:15 PM)
I'm driving my car down for body and paint. clap.gif

I plan to have all the trims, lights, bumpers, door handles, etc off by the end of the day.

I get to help boldblue.gif

Paint thread coming...

KT

oh boy, the shop is getting some tile work??? don't drop any engine parts on it, hahahahha biggrin.gif laugh.gif

seriously, does your car need a repaint? I thought the paint was pretty good on it???
Trekkor
Full exterior treatment ( with rally stripes )

I did the tile work last year... wink.gif

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 18 2006, 06:23 PM)
Full exterior treatment ( with rally stripes )

I did the tile work last year... wink.gif

KT

pie cut and stretched fenders... you know you want to...
Trekkor

I said full, didn't I? biggrin.gif

KT
Mueller
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jan 18 2006, 06:28 PM)

I said full, didn't I? biggrin.gif

KT

i'm jealous...i don't know when i'll ever get my car painted headbang.gif

colors??????
fiid
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 4 2005, 09:49 AM)
Awesome! clap.gif Glad to hear Brandon's moving into his shop. I've got some work that needs to be done on my teener. (will pca let you run a car with minor body damage??) Plus I'm hopefully acquiring a shit-brown 4Runner this weekend that I'll want repainted.

Jen

They let me run my car which had an SUV back into it.... smile.gif
Trekkor
Let's do this right wink.gif

My paint thread

mueba.gif

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.