Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: top gear boys about met thier maker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
bad shit happens at the end of part 2 http://topgearspecials.com/top-gear-season...special-part-1/
r_towle
Wow, so they cannot assume to be arrogant everywhere.

Rich
era vulgaris
Is that where Clarkson gets rocks hurled at him in the 928 for the Falkland Islands license plate? I remember reading about that a couple months back.
http://www.businessinsider.com/bbcs-top-ge...gentina-2014-10
porsche-tom
was this ever officially released? i dont remember ever seeing it. pretty crazy
messix
new episodes for the latest season 22
Elliot Cannon
WTF.gif Brits in Argentina?? Do they not remember the Falklands war? Did the producers of this show do ANY research? Did they not consult with the embassy? Or was most of it just a staged TV event? lol-2.gif
john77
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 4 2015, 01:36 PM) *

WTF.gif Brits in Argentina?? Do they not remember the Falklands war? Did the producers of this show do ANY research? Did they not consult with the embassy? Or was most of it just a staged TV event? lol-2.gif

I don't think most of Argentina has a problem with Brits. The Argentinians I know don't have a problem with me, and I have good English friend's that live in Buenos Aires and love it.

I think the bigger problem is that Clarkson (love him or loath him) never hides from an opportunity to antagonize. Allegedly obviously, because, you know, like they said, the license plate was a pure coincidence... rolleyes.gif
Johny Blackstain
That was very different, especially for being Top Gear. That Lotus outright won the contest though, which is really mind blowing. Wonder whatever happened to the cars?

edit- found out about the cars here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-28...Gear-stunt.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rkw_N9pNms
messix
now they know what it's like to be an American traveling in pretty much most of the world.... act like an ass and display inflammatory things slap.gif
EdwardBlume
Great episode. Glad they were not killed!
DBCooper
I lived in Brazil during the Malvinas war. I never lived in Argentina but went there frequently for business and still have Argentine friends. Later worked for an English company and those Argentine friends never had a problem with my English friends. One thing that's true is that the memory of the Belgrano is still painful to Argentines. I suspect from their past shows that Clarkson and the show's producers went out of their way to stir things up, similar to what they did driving through the U.S. South. It makes for good TV so that's their job, after all. I seriously doubt that Clarkson and friends were surprised by the reaction or ever in any real danger. Good TV but totally tasteless.

r3dplanet
It's also clear that in this instance Top Gear victimized themselves. If you're an avid TG viewer like myself, you know perfectly well that over their many adventures that the cars shown often have deliberately funny number plates. Clarkson himself points out on the show many time how number plates are used, intentionally or not, to make funny anagrams. If this was never the case it would still beggar belief that a car with "H982FKL" plates was unintentionally purchased. It seems to me that a more like scenario would be that someone on the TG staff saw the car, recognized the number plate as joke material, and swiftly bought the car. Or at least obtained the plates.

Taken another way, if everyone at TG claims innocence as they surely will, it seems quite unlikely that anyone on the TG cast or crew on working on that episode didn't notice the plates and take advantage. Or think for one moment about the potential consequences and remove the plates.

In my humble opinion they got what they deserved. There's something enjoyable about this to me because I rather enjoy watching snotty loudmouth cocks meeting with instant justice. Not just the BBC issuing a half-ass apology on in small print on page 32 of The Telegraph just underneath the tide schedules.

mbseto
They did an episode a while back where they drove into Alabama with lots of liberal slogans/bumper stickers on their cars. Ended with a bunch of good ol' boys in a pickup with rifles chasing them north. Might have been a little dramatized, but makes me think this was not entirely unplanned. Maybe the local reaction was just a little more than they anticipated.
messix
Did any one else notice in the credits everyone was named Leroy ?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(messix @ Jan 5 2015, 10:11 AM) *

Did any one else notice in the credits everyone was named Leroy ?

Robert Leroy & yes I noticed
DBCooper
QUOTE(r3dplanet @ Jan 5 2015, 12:20 AM) *
There's something enjoyable about this to me because I rather enjoy watching snotty loudmouth cocks meeting with instant justice. Not just the BBC issuing a half-ass apology on in small print on page 32 of The Telegraph just underneath the tide schedules.

Ha ha ha, spoken like an Englishman!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.