Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bulldog9
Gents, many apologies for a tire thread.......... I've zeroe'd in on Falkens, and am trying to decide between the 912's or newer 950.... All the ratings are saying the ZE950 is a better-updated version of the 912, BUT, I am building a 912, and the nerd in me says go 912....... I mean come on how often can you buy tires that match your car? blink.gif

Ratings say the 912 is terrible in snow, but I wont be driving it in the snow, and if I did woul d have dedicated winter tires and rims.

Looking for experience/feedback with these two tires. Tell me why I should go practical and not be a nerd...........

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/20...-buck/index.htm
Tom_T
I say go with your inner Porsche Nerd & go with the 912s as summer tires! biggrin.gif

I take it then that you're not trying to go bone stock 912 look, otherwise I'd suggest some CW-nerd 155 or 165 tire choices! shades.gif

PS Steve - I just noticed your 442 on there .... good for you! smilie_pokal.gif

My Grandfather got a new 442 every year from their first year out (Sept. release of course) up thru 1972 MY, & then he was retiring & my Grandmother made him get something sensible in a 4Dr Olds 88 that he kept until his death a few years later. I loved to drive those late 60's 442s of his!!!! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.