Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why does my passenger seat adjust?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914bub
My 914 is a 72 and has passenger seat tracks that allow the seat to adjust forward and aft as well as,of course, tilt. It was my understanding that 72's had passenger seats that didn't adjust forward and aft. Does anybody know when they went to an adjustable passenger seat?

It's hard to believe a PO would have made the mod since the car is bone stock besides the am/fm cassette I pulled out.
ClayPerrine
Get the build date off the driver's door jamb. I will bet that your car is a very late 72, and they ran out of the fixed passenger seat parts. So they just switched to the 73 backpad and seat assemblies. My 73 is a build date of 11/72, and it has the movable passenger seat.
Tom_T
No Clay & 914bub -

1972 was the year that they added the dash side air vents & adjustable passenger seat + new bushings & adjustments to the tailshifter transaxle to take up some slope (side shift came out in 73 MY) as the new improvements, so his car is correct.

1970-71 MYs were the only ones with the fixed right seat.

There is a pretty good run down of changes by MY info at p914.com & on Jeff Bowlsby's Classic 914 website.
stevegm
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 4 2015, 06:52 PM) *

No Clay & 914bub -

1972 was the year that they added the dash side air vents & adjustable passenger seat + new bushings & adjustments to the tailshifter transaxle to take up some slope (side shift came out in 73 MY) as the new improvements, so his car is correct.

1970-71 MYs were the only ones with the fixed right seat.

There is a pretty good run down of changes by MY info at p914.com & on Jeff Bowlsby's Classic 914 website.

I concur. My '71 has a fixed passenger seat and my '72 an adjustable one.
era vulgaris
Yup, Tom T and stevegm are right. My old '72 had an adjustable passenger seat.
TargaToy
My '72 PS adjusts too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.