Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LA Euro Swap Meet- Long Beach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Flat VW
My wife and I slap.gif were thinking of driving over from Phoenix (in our "long-range" 914, of course) for the meet, is it spozta rain?? unsure.gif

In the past few years, normally, I would not miss a nice drive in the rain, but we have had plenty in Phoenix this year and I guess the swap meet must be conducted outdoors? ph34r.gif screwy.gif driving.gif
914helo
I live a couple of hours east and the weather isn't supposed to move into here till late Sunday (some precip in the mountains). Rain shouldn't be a factor for the meet. I think it starts at 7:00, so I don't know how good the pickings will be by the afternoon anyway? I'm thinking of going also, but don't want to leave my house too early on Sunday.
skline
Today
Feb 4

Sunny
74°/48° 0%
74 °F
Get Beach Conditions and Tides
Sat
Feb 5

Partly Cloudy
67°/49° 0%
67 °F
Sun
Feb 6

Mostly Cloudy
63°/46° 20%
63 °F
Mon
Feb 7

Partly Cloudy
64°/45° 20%
64 °F
Tue
Feb 8

Partly Cloudy
66°/48° 0%
66 °F
Wed
Feb 9

Partly Cloudy
68°/50° 0%
68 °F
Thu
Feb 10

Partly Cloudy
69°/50° 0%
69 °F
Get Local Golf Course Forecasts
Fri
Feb 11

Showers
67°/48° 60%
67 °F
cnavarro
Well, regardless of the weather, i'll be there with Nickies!

Charles Navarro
LN Engineering
http://www.LNengineering.com
Aircooled Precision Performance
Flat VW
Thanks, 914HELO, SKLINE,

Anyone have a motel or hotel to recommend near the Meet. drooley.gif

P.S. Skline I did buy that Lincoln Continental you ran for me on Carfax, it is faster in reverse than my 914 going forward even with the clutch having been just "popped", thanks again burnout.gif

John
skline
Glad I could help. It was a 30 day thing I paid for to check on a car for myself, I figured someone should get some use out of it.
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Feb 4 2005, 07:51 AM)

Anyone have a motel or hotel to recommend near the Meet. drooley.gif

John

Motel 6

5665 E 7th St
Long Beach, CA 90804
Main Phone: 562-597-1311
Fax: 562-597-2741

Cheers,
Lisa beerchug.gif

Flat VW
Mrs. K, Thanks, BUT my Laurie (wife) does not complain about anything, really, but wiil not stay at a "Motel Sucks", as she said. ohmy.gif

wub.gif She is willing to ride fourteen hours round trip in a 914 (when we actually could take her recently purchased Lincoln Continental [like a living room on wheels]hide.gif), to walk around and look at car parts.

She is a good sport, I try to humor her. chairfall.gif

Her loudest complaint is that the "towels are scratchy". screwy.gif

I suppose you are not a travel agent wink.gif , but would you perhaps know of a "independent hotel\motel near the swap?

How about swell eating spots?chowtime.gif

Many thanks to all who may reply, pray.gif

John
boxstr
You might want to check the website for the event. There are hotels listed, that are close to the event, and they have a special rate.
http://www.laalleuro.com/
See ya there.
CCLINLONGBEACH
Howard
Do we have a meeting place and time, or just stumble into each other? Is there an avatar swap?
Mrs. K
I understand completely John and Laurie! Here are the other close ones that are from their web site that Craig posted a link to.
They are all 3 nice places and in good neighborhoods.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Lisa smile.gif

Closest Hotels

Long Beach Holiday Inn
2640 Lakewood Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90815
Phone: 1-562-597-4401

Long Beach Marriott
4700 Airport Plaza Drive
Long Beach, California 90815
Phone: 1-562-425-5210

Long Beach Residence Inn
4111 East Willow Street
Long Beach, California 90815
Phone: 1-562-595-0909
markb
Look for the Thunderbus (blue with white top). Mike Z, The Cap'n, & I are all sharing a couple of spaces. Got the nice tent over us, a couple of 914 desk chairs (for sale, of course) to sit in, and something cold to sip (not sure if they allow alcoholic type stuff, but we always bring water & sodas).
Flat VW
Thanks Mrs. K and others,

I checked all the hotels listed on the website and they are all booked. laugh.gif

I am now planning for a 3am. Phoenix departure "hot lap" trip! driving.gif burnout.gif

Thanks Mark, we will look for you all there. rocking nana.gif
skline
I will be wearing a club hat most likely or a black Porsche jacket. I will find Mike and them and probably be somewhere close by................or not.
Flat VW
Anyone got a expected weather update for the swapmeet? mueba.gif
Mrs. K
Seven-Day ForecastSAT For Long Beach, Ca

Saturday: Sun along with patchy clouds. High 64F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday night: Clear to partly cloudy. Low 49F. Winds light and variable.
Sunday: Mainly cloudy. High near 60F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday night: A few clouds from time to time. Low 49F. Winds light and variable.

60°F 15°C
49°F 9°C MON

Hope this helps!

Lisa biggrin.gif

Maltese Falcon
Howard, we should be showing up in the late AM @ the swap area. Look for a fresh anthracite F150 FX4 Supercrew with lots of exhaust headers (Porsche, Fiat, Alfa, Bmw) around it. Also wearing 914World.com hats rolleyes.gif Don't bring your BBQ...not allowed in the LBC foschizzlemanizzle swap !
Marty

Flat VW
I'll be the bozo in the Empi shirt looking for 914 parts. smash.gif clown.gif clown.gif clown.gif

With my wife Laurie. driving-girl.gif

see ya,

John
skline
Well, you cant always believe what the weather people say. Its now 5:40 AM and I walked out to some light rain. I went to bed last night and it was clear skys as far as you could see. That was at about 11. I even left the sunroof open on the truck. I walked out and it wasnt very wet out but was sprinkling a little. I open the garage and walk in and left the big door open since I will be leaving soon. Then I hear it start coming down a little harder and walk out to close my sunroof. Then I sit down and go the the weather forcast and it says this.

Today
Feb 6

Partly Cloudy
61°/48° 10%
61 °F
Mon
Feb 7

Partly Cloudy
62°/47° 10%
62 °F
Tue
Feb 8

Partly Cloudy
66°/46° 0%
66 °F
Get Beach Conditions and Tides
Wed
Feb 9

Partly Cloudy
69°/51° 0%
69 °F
Thu
Feb 10

Partly Cloudy
72°/55° 0%
72 °F
Fri
Feb 11

Partly Cloudy
74°/50° 10%
74 °F
Get Local Golf Course Forecasts
Sat
Feb 12

Sunny
75°/49° 10%
75 °F

10% is the best chance for the next week. So what is this falling from the sky??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.