Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motor Meister
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I wouldn't be interested in their complete conversion package since I've already gathered alot of the individual pieces but I'm interested in just getting an engine from them (probably a 2.7). What everyone's feeling with their service? Anyone here bought an engine from them?

Doug C
Aaron Cox
never dealt with them myself.....

IIRC MOTOR SHIESTER
joea9146
sad.gif I would not... If it sounds too good to be True it is... sad.gif

Search the 911 Pelican Board for the Horror Stories
ArtechnikA
try to get from a hard list of EXACTLY what new parts are used in their rebuilt engines. when i did, it was a surprisingly short list: gasket set, rod bearings, not much else.

everything else was a euphemism for used: "inspected" "remachined" "within service tolerances" "cleaned" ...

if you're looking to keep a car in service just a little while longer it may be a (slightly) better option than going with a total-unknown used engine.

i'm not going to disparage a vendor in a public forum. check carefully, understand EXACTLY what you are getting and decide if that represents a value for you.
Cap'n Krusty
Put it this way. They do business with Worldpac, and an un nameable source there says they buy FAR fewer new parts than their volume requires..................... They're NOT respected in ANY facet of the trade. You take it from there. You want cheaper than is reasonable? Go there. You want good work and no hype? There are a huge number of honest hard working and competent engine rebuilders around, some of 'em right here on the list. They pay rent or mortgages, have real shops with real overhead, and stand behind their work. They make enough to support their families and maybe even save a little for their retirement. You go to a heavily advertised place that hypes their product all over the place, ya gotta wonder how they can make an honest living at such low prices ................... The best guys don't even need a line in the yellow pages, some don't even have a website ................................ The Cap'n ...................
mike_the_man
A friend of mine had his 2.7 for his 911 rebuilt with them. He wasn't too impressed, and he got bent over pretty bad on the price when it was all said and done. I had a look at the engine when he had it out this summer, and some of the things they did seemd a little sketchy. It looked like they had used some sort of glue to hold the timing chain covers on. dry.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Feb 4 2005, 08:52 AM)
i'm not going to disparage a vendor in a public forum

i will ...
i have seen their work.

run for the hills!
icon8.gif Andy
rhilgers
I have dealt with them...they have no clue...

-Rich Hilgersom
horizontally-opposed
"Some" magazine won't even run their ads... ohmy.gif

pete
joea9146
QUOTE (horizontally-opposed @ Feb 4 2005, 05:54 PM)
"Some" magazine won't even run their ads... ohmy.gif

pete

I Wish Panorama would stop being such Whores and stop running the ads. MM get lots of Exposure from Pano
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (joea9146 @ Feb 4 2005, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (horizontally-opposed @ Feb 4 2005, 05:54 PM)
"Some" magazine won't even run their ads...  :o

pete

I Wish Panorama would stop being such Whores and stop running the ads. MM get lots of Exposure from Pano

now *that* is a complicated issue...

i've been on the Executive Board of a PCA Region.
someplace in the bylaws i *think* there is a provision for exerting "publisher's perogative" to exclude an ad deemed "unsuitable" for some reason.

as a Club publication, i'm not sure what basis Pano would use for excluding an advertiser. gossip? they could probably keep them out if they received a sizeable number of complaints.

do you know if any of the dissatisfied people has issued a complaint with PCA National/Panorama?

it's "easy" for a private publisher to decline an ad. club boards have to follow rules, policies and procedures set up to ensure that an advertiser is not unfairly excluded -- rules and procedures probably set up back in the 50's when most advertisers were active members.

so - if you've been unhappy with an advertiser's products or policies, did you write a letter of complaint to Betty Joe Turner? 'cause i promise you she's not scouring car club BBS's looking for reasons to turn away advertisers...
sgomes
Friends do NOT let friends buy from Motor Meister! ar15.gif

I personally got shafted from them. Don't do it.
BigD9146gt
The problem with MM is they kiss ass to those that publish. I hear at least 50 stories a year about how new people are shafted. They do a LOT of over seas advertising too. A couple of Ausies got screwed by them not to long ago. Its really sad... they're lucky they live in a hippy country like this.
redshift
I hear they are great!

dry.gif

M

Like they say...you get what you pay for. cool.gif
nickg
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Feb 4 2005, 09:01 AM)
Put it this way. They do business with Worldpac, and an un nameable source there says they buy FAR fewer new parts than their volume requires..................... They're NOT respected in ANY facet of the trade. You take it from there. You want cheaper than is reasonable? Go there. You want good work and no hype? There are a huge number of honest hard working and competent engine rebuilders around, some of 'em right here on the list. They pay rent or mortgages, have real shops with real overhead, and stand behind their work. They make enough to support their families and maybe even save a little for their retirement. You go to a heavily advertised place that hypes their product all over the place, ya gotta wonder how they can make an honest living at such low prices ................... The best guys don't even need a line in the yellow pages, some don't even have a website ................................ The Cap'n ...................

well ever think they bought from other places? such as IMC, GAI, Dallas European, SAVE/Westex,Northside imports, PFI, SSF, A&F,Imparts ....need i go on? there are lots of parts suppliers in the us. many more that you are aware of even if you own your own parts buisness, I worked for GAI as a salesman for a few years I know they bought from IMC and GAI
campbellcj
Short and sweet answer (unusual for me): NO!
Joe Bob
I have a close friend that has an MM engine....runs well and he pounds the crap out of it.....of course that's the ONLY good story I have heard.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.