Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Title
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
Looking at buying a 914 with no title ,is it hard to get one.The car is located in California
Thanks Brian
mepstein
Depends on the state and the person behind the counter. I would make it part of the sale for the seller to do.
SirAndy
QUOTE(cal914 @ Jan 5 2015, 01:02 PM) *
Looking at buying a 914 with no title ,is it hard to get one.The car is located in California

Depends on the car. Make sure it wasn't stolen. I know of a guy who went to jail over a 914 that didn't have a title.
shades.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 5 2015, 04:09 PM) *

QUOTE(cal914 @ Jan 5 2015, 01:02 PM) *

Depends on the car. Make sure it wasn't stolen. I know of a guy who went to jail over a 914 that didn't have a title.
shades.gif

Ouch. lol-2.gif
SLITS
No Title Sale in California
Mueller
also:

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&.../vr_info#BM2532

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/?1dmy&...n/dmv/vr/export

I've bought a 914 years ago with no title, had to have a CHP officer match the VIN and engine numbers with the paperwork.
If if if your even able to get one, it can take a very long time and you will most likely have to purchase a bond through a Ca. certified insurance bond agency. for a car valued under 5k, it's around $150.00 for the bond. I ended up with a car a few years back with no title and it took me 18 months to finally get one. You could also try doing a lien on it but I would suggest passing on it and looking for one with a title. Hope this helps.
rhodyguy
avoid the car. i have one without title. major hassle.
jim_hoyland
Post the Vin number, we can check the VIN database.

Where in California is the car ? If it' smear me, I can check it out
r_towle
if you are going to try and import the car into the UK, you will need a clear title.

Given that, there are companies under the business of "titling service" ig you google it and for a price, they will check if it is stolen and issue you a valid title for a different state.

That would work for you importing the car.

rich
Drums66
.....It's post-2-1117899824.gif Don't touch it!
bye1.gif
dudzy's914
I tryed to get a title, they wanted like $2000. According to nasda a average 914 is worth $28,000.
dudzy's914
I tryed to get a title, they wanted like $2000. According to nasda an average 914 is worth $28,000.
boxstr
I would wish the shit you go through on anyone. If the seller won't take the time or make the effort to secure a title, then why should you. Not worth it.
Craig at CAMP
raw1298
I got a bill of sale, contacted local police and was not stolen. Drove to DMV and filed papers for lost title. Received title two weeks later.
TravisNeff
I recently sold a car that I had misplaced the title, went down to the AZ DMV with a filled out duplicate title form, $4 and a few minutes later I had the title in hand.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.