Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: V8 gearbox for my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
vinniedatorch
hello everyone, been fooling around with my V8 conversion for a while now and its finally registered and running. that being said i'd like to drop the RPM at cruising speeds, so i'm hoping someone here can help. shades.gif
pdlightning
QUOTE(vinniedatorch @ Jan 5 2015, 07:57 PM) *

hello everyone, been fooling around with my V8 conversion for a while now and its finally registered and running. that being said i'd like to drop the RPM at cruising speeds, so i'm hoping someone here can help. please call me at 562-896-3699 shades.gif

Do you have some money to spend or are you on a budget?
Mark Henry
Hi, this is an open forum, you have no idea what kind of scumbags could lurk here...so...
For your own Security remove your phone number

Talk to member "DrEvil"
Rebuild your trans yourself or get Dr Evil to do it for you. For DIY Evil sells a DVD.

The big thing you need to buy is a H gearset, HB is your second choice. That will be your final 5th gear, you have to flip it to use as 5th.
Use your 901 like a 4 speed, don't use 1st gear.
JRust
I know of the perfect box although it's a spendy one (probably the 3k range). Lyle will be selling his 901 that is rebuilt has a billet intermediate plate, LSD, 904 mainshaft & the "h" gear for 5th which give you the lowest rpm's on the highway. It also has the 1st gear blocked off. I forget his screen name here. If that is of interest let me know & I'll put you in touch with him.

If you want to look for an "H" gear to add to your 901. It is fairly easy to swap out 5th for it. I did it in my v8 & it drops the rpm's 3-400 in 5th. I highly recommend at least doing that. The tranny I mention above is about as good as a 901 can get.
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 6 2015, 11:07 AM) *

I know of the perfect box although it's a spendy one (probably the 3k range). Lyle will be selling his 901 that is rebuilt has a billet intermediate plate, LSD, 904 mainshaft & the "h" gear for 5th which give you the lowest rpm's on the highway. It also has the 1st gear blocked off. I forget his screen name here. If that is of interest let me know & I'll put you in touch with him.

If you want to look for an "H" gear to add to your 901. It is fairly easy to swap out 5th for it. I did it in my v8 & it drops the rpm's 3-400 in 5th. I highly recommend at least doing that. The tranny I mention above is about as good as a 901 can get.

Yes I'm interested in contacting Lyle.
also would like to know more about gearbox options. Is the 901 the stock box or a transplant from another model? I'm hoping for about 2500-2600 rpm at 75-80 mph piratenanner.gif
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(pdlightning @ Jan 5 2015, 08:29 PM) *

hello everyone, been fooling around with my V8 conversion for a while now and its finally registered and running. that being said i'd like to drop the RPM at cruising speeds, so i'm hoping someone here can help. please call me at 562-896-3699 shades.gif

what are my options? whats available? what do these options cost?
vinniedatorch
QUOTE(pdlightning @ Jan 5 2015, 08:29 PM) *

hello everyone, been fooling around with my V8 conversion for a while now and its finally registered and running. that being said i'd like to drop the RPM at cruising speeds, so i'm hoping someone here can help. shades.gif

what are my options? whats available? what do these options cost?
Mueller
QUOTE(JRust @ Jan 6 2015, 11:07 AM) *

If this is Lyle in Northern California, Air911r would be his screen name...

He lives just a few miles away from me, I've been lucky to test drive a few of his older V8 914 conversions....
vinniedatorch
no luck reaching Air911r,any help?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.