Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Guy Hello
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gfg3
New guy here who had one of the first '70 914s imported to the US (long time ago). I promised my wife a "fun car' for this spring. I figured what better car than a 914 to match her old one, so I joined this group to find a 2.0 in good condition and get back into things. I posted a WTB already but thought I'd follow up here.

Looking forward to cluttering up the garage again.

George
sb914
welcome.png
dlee6204
welcome.png
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif
Socalandy
welcome.png
green914
welcome.png
aharder
welcome.png
SirAndy
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Jan 6 2015, 06:45 AM) *
New guy here who had one of the first '70 914s imported to the US (long time ago).

You don't happen to recall the VIN number?
idea.gif

PS: welcome.png
type47
welcome.png where in VA? Location might help in car search ...
gfg3
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Now specifics:

SirAndy: Unfortunately I don't have the VIN handy but it may be buried in a box somewhere. I'll search once the winter weather socks me in.

Viermeister: I'm at Smith Mountain Lake, south central VA. I get up to northern VA to see my son occasionally.

And Socalandy: Yes, my former '70 914/4 was yellow and that's the color I'd prefer this goaround.

George
r_towle
There are a bunch of cars around for sale, so keep looking at all the site, craigslist, ebay, pelicanparts etc....
spread the word, name a price (faster) and see who steps forward.

Look at Camp914, he typically has something for sale all the time...and knows of many more.
TC Carr in Florida is closer to you and he is another guy who knows lots of cars that might be for sale....

Get a PPI, look hard for rust.

rich
rhodyguy
broaden your search area. look at the work being done on many of the east coast cars.
Tom_T
George .... welcome.png

All of the US is just a flight away for the right 914, & members on here cover most areas for a PPI, if you want a pre-check before traveling - just post in the Garage what, where & when for a PPI.

SoCal Andy's (above) former `72 with a +/- 125 HP 2056cc & Webers would've been the perfect car for you - he even got the yellow top Optima battery to keep in color theme! biggrin.gif

Good Luck (again)! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Johny Blackstain
welcome.png from not so far away
krazykonrad
welcome.png
t collins
welcome.png from not so far away either bye1.gif
wndsnd
Find a car that spent its life in Arizona.

welcome.png

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.