Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Dash Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Has anyone done a 911 Dash swap? Is it worth it? What donor dash would someone use to do this? What are the perils?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

redshift
Yes, I'll explain in a second, I just wanted to answer first.

smile.gif

Ok, both dashes are cut out, templates are made of the section you need out of the 911 dash, then you cut off the parts of the 914 dash you need to act as fillets, tack those on, and install the new 914/11 dash.

Make any sense?

M
Mueller
I don't like 'em...they don't look "correct" in a 914....something is "off" with the scale or ?????

anyways......some people do dig them, here is a thread that SirAndy started about his:

911-ish dash
Mueller
here you go....
user posted image

bondo
I like them, and I want one.. I was trying to get one with the group deal on lids, supposedly if the lid deal happens they will discount other items in the catalog. I haven't been able to get a price out of anyone and have pretty much given up. (they didn't return my call) It would have to be a pretty sweet deal for me to be able to afford it anyways. Perhaps we should get together a group and propose a group buy of dashes?

(I really like the CF dash andy has and it's cheaper than getting a FG one and having it covered)
KaptKaos
Not so sure I am into the CF look myself.

My dash is cracked badly, needs to be repaired/replaced, so I was thinking that a 911 dash would be good. Get the extra guages, clock, etc. I also am on Aaron's list for the triple guage face, so its a toss up for me atm.

Any other opinions or comments?

- Joe
Aaron Cox
here is what i did.....

my dash was cracked. sent it to the evil doctor.... it came back better than new smilie_pokal.gif

and i have the 904 gauges being made so you dont need the extra gauges biggrin.gif
Rockaria
911 Dash? You bettcha... I did a write up on it using the Getty Design dash. It rocks!

Enjoy,

http://lib.nmsu.edu/~clandt/914/gettydash/index.html
TheCabinetmaker
Chris, I have no intention of doing it, but your "how to" is great. smilie_pokal.gif
jd74914
agree.gif I like the look of a 911 dash in leather. I know I'll never get to putting one in though beerchug.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Rockaria @ Feb 4 2005, 12:08 PM)
911 Dash? You bettcha... I did a write up on it using the Getty Design dash. It rocks!

Enjoy,

http://lib.nmsu.edu/~clandt/914/gettydash/index.html

Sweet job Chris. Thanks for the info!
Phoenix-MN
Yup, here's how I did mine
http://www.phoenixhobbies.com/html/911_dash.html
Rockaria
QUOTE (Phoenix-MN @ Feb 4 2005, 02:45 PM)

Thanks for the great feedback on my writeup guys.

I would have loved to have not only the upper but lower 911 dash as well, like that one. I have spent some time thinking about how I could pull it off. I think I will do some more thought on it now.

Thanks...
736conver
Paul

Nice job. I knew someone did the 911 cut out. I just couldnt remember where I saw it. smilie_pokal.gif
nein14
I have a brand new Getty FG dash in the box if anyone is interested. I ended up going with a 904 gauge instead.
anthony
I like the look but to me it's too much work for too little payoff. There are easier ways to add an oil pressure gauge. I think I'd only attempt it if I already had the car torn apart.
mikester
Hey Joe....you know what else about the 911 looks good...

The whole car....I'm just sayin.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (mikester @ Feb 4 2005, 02:31 PM)

Ya' know....

"Nice beetle."- Emily age 4
BigD9146gt
You lame guys wth your half ass Getty dashs biggrin.gif

Oh well, then that must make me the lame King sad.gif Heres mine, a complete 70 911 dash, wiring, fuse panel, steering column, ignition modual, turn signal and wiper switches, all the plugs, all the goodies!

user posted image
user posted image user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Anthony's right to an extent, but its all about what you like. Then, the time doesn't really matter. Its not just about having an oil pressure/temp gauge, i REALLY have a hard-on for the 911 dash. So, this one came out of a wreck.

Did I also mention i have no life sad.gif , just the makings of a bitchen car that isn't going anyware really really fast...
Mueller
no wonder your car is taking 3+ damn years to finish.....wow, that is a lot of work....better you than me smile.gif

i'm getting lazier and have less ambition to make my car unique or special wacko.gif

look professional pray.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Phoenix-MN @ Feb 4 2005, 04:45 PM)

AHA! You are the idiot!! I was describing your incredible install! That is completely cool!

M
anthony
i REALLY have a hard-on for the 911 dash.

I found that it was easier to buy a 911! biggrin.gif

mikester
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Feb 4 2005, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (mikester @ Feb 4 2005, 02:31 PM)

Ya' know....

"Nice beetle."- Emily age 4

Yeah....that's already got a bit of mileage on it.

Still funny as all get out though.

finger.gif
BigD9146gt
QUOTE (anthony @ Feb 4 2005, 05:16 PM)
i REALLY have a hard-on for the 911 dash.

I found that it was easier to buy a 911! biggrin.gif

I found it was cheaper to take the dash (so far, $150 out) biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.