Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early model Jack finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
I finaly got an original jack for my '71. But it is in rough shape. Was wondering what the original finish was on these? Were they painted (if so color/finish) or were they bare metal or plated? More than likely I will just paint it but want it to look somewhat correct. So do not know if to go with a semi-flat black or to use a cast gray or what. Have never seen a new one to know what they looked like.

tom...
Carrera916
I have a NOS jack for my '71 and I hope the color is correct one as I haven't had the chance to double check on that yet...

However, what I have here is, the base and the ratchet head w/ 'peg' are semi gloss black, and the shaft where the ratchet head "slides" on are bare metal with very light coat of oil on it to prevent rust. It is not plated at all.

Hope this helps...

Tom73
Thanks Jerry. Appreciate the response.

tom...
redshift
My 914 walk-around restoration manual calls for HTML #000000, Jack Black.

wink.gif

M
Eric_Shea
I've seen two varieties of that Bilstein jack. One the base (round) is black and the other is blue.

Base = Black (maybe blue)
Jack Arm = Black
Jacking Lever = Nickle
Misc. Assemblies (springs etc.) = Nickle
Jack Post = Bare Metal

There is a ring clip holding the base on similar to the one at the top holding the mechanism on the post. There should be a rubber o-ring at the top as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.