Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS; fresh rebuilt 2.0 FI engine complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914ltd
We are doing a 3.2 conversion on a customer's 76 2.0. He won't be needing his rebuilt stock engine. It was rebuilt by Gene Rice in Sandy Utah last (2014) summer. I spoke with Gene, it has 96mm pistons and cylinders, rebuilt heads, all bearings and seals, complete FI, clutch and flywheel. Not enough miles to break in yet but good compression and no leaks. I drove the car before we removed the engine and it ran strong. It also has a complete 1975-76 exhaust system/heat exchangers in remarkably nice condition. Priced at $3200. plus shipping. Brad

Pending
MikeInMunich
Brad, you mention the heat exchangers and the exhaust. It sounds as if they are included, but there are no pics and you're not specific that they are... Are they?

M.i.M.
type47fan
"GC" code: "The "GC" engines are the result of stricter California emission standards applied to the 2.0L "GA" coded engines (similar to the evolution of the 1.7L "EA" engine to the 1.8L "EC" engine). In an effort to reduce emissions, the last two production years of the Porsche 914 incorporated a revamped exhaust system with a catalytic converter, a de-tuned fuel injection system and technologies such as air injection, all of which hurt performance. Like the "EC" engines, the "GC" code is inferior to its "GA" predecessor in horsepower, torque and acceleration."

I notice no EGR port flange on the air cleaner.

Does it have plugged AIR port smog heads?

Was it a California emissions approved engine at one time? Would be interested if it could be made to pass again in my '76 California tub, 4762903947.

Thanks -
914ltd
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 7 2015, 04:05 PM) *

Brad, you mention the heat exchangers and the exhaust. It sounds as if they are included, but there are no pics and you're not specific that they are... Are they?

M.i.M.

The 75-76 heat exchangers are included as well as a quad outlet muffler.
914ltd
QUOTE(type47fan @ Jan 7 2015, 04:56 PM) *

"GC" code: "The "GC" engines are the result of stricter California emission standards applied to the 2.0L "GA" coded engines (similar to the evolution of the 1.7L "EA" engine to the 1.8L "EC" engine). In an effort to reduce emissions, the last two production years of the Porsche 914 incorporated a revamped exhaust system with a catalytic converter, a de-tuned fuel injection system and technologies such as air injection, all of which hurt performance. Like the "EC" engines, the "GC" code is inferior to its "GA" predecessor in horsepower, torque and acceleration."

I notice no EGR port flange on the air cleaner.

Does it have plugged AIR port smog heads?

Was it a California emissions approved engine at one time? Would be interested if it could be made to pass again in my '76 California tub, 4762903947.

Thanks -

The GC code applied to all 50 states although there were differences in the emissions for the CA legal cars. The engine is as I received it, 1 head has the AIR and the other is a GA head. GA air cleaner and no air pump or EGR system.
rhodyguy
that was a nice, quick sale pending. sweet price on a ready to install 2056.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.