Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Heated rear window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
puffinator
Are replacement heated rear windows available anywhere?
gcrotvik
QUOTE(puffinator @ Jan 8 2015, 05:14 AM) *

I checked several years ago, they were NLA then. I can't imagine there is enough demand for an OE provider to start making them again. Used is all I could find.

Greg
stevegm
QUOTE(puffinator @ Jan 8 2015, 08:14 AM) *

I think I have a couple used ones. PM me if your interested.
euro911
Be careful when buying one. Most of them are so old now that the wiring in the grooves is deteriorated and they just don't work. I've had two of them and neither one had electrical continuity from side to side dry.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 8 2015, 03:00 PM) *

Be careful when buying one. Most of them are so old now that the wiring in the grooves is deteriorated and they just don't work. I've had two of them and neither one had electrical continuity from side to side dry.gif

agree.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 8 2015, 04:00 PM) *

Ya, I was wondering how I could test the one I have. It appears to be in great shape. But that doesn't mean it works.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jan 8 2015, 04:01 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 8 2015, 03:00 PM) *

agree.gif

I agree too. agree.gif
I pulled a heated glass assembly out of my junk yard 914 and it was a night-mare. I was not able to pull out the entire wiring harness and gave up. I still have the back glass and it's free to anyone who wants it. I am going to put it in the trash bin cause it's too expensive to ship. The only good part is the switch.
Tom
bdstone914
QUOTE(stevegm @ Jan 8 2015, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Jan 8 2015, 04:00 PM) *

Ya, I was wondering how I could test the one I have. It appears to be in great shape. But that doesn't mean it works.

It should have 300 ohms resistance between the two contacts.
Bruce
porbmw
I think they were standard equipment on Canadian cars.....
Both my car, and that of my daughter, have them and they work fine.
Should not be THAT hard to find, in working condition, truly not that rare.
Cairo94507
Yes they are out there you just need to be patient. Make sure you get the heating element check for continuity and hopefully you can get the complete harness and flog light switch too. I think mine cost about $125 shipped. It came boxed ready to circumnavigate the globe many times. When I opened it it was perfect.
Cuda911
Interesting, that's the first time I've seen that switch. Good thing my cars didn't have one, or I would have been wondering why the hostess cupcakes never arrived when I pulled on it.

76-914
You can by an after market universal real window heater kit. I looked into them for the Ghia. Before I could order one, I noticed it wasn't necessary here in SoCal so I never did order one. Here is a new style that wasn't available back then. It looks like a good design, too! http://www.frostfighter.com/clear-view-defrosters-about.htm
euro911
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jan 13 2015, 06:37 AM) *
Interesting, that's the first time I've seen that switch. Good thing my cars didn't have one, or I would have been wondering why the hostess cupcakes never arrived when I pulled on it.
laugh.gif - Hostess cupcake dispenser chowtime.gif
euro911
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 13 2015, 07:21 AM) *
You can by an after market universal real window heater kit. I looked into them for the Ghia. Before I could order one, I noticed it wasn't necessary here in SoCal so I never did order one. Here is a new style that wasn't available back then. It looks like a good design, too! http://www.frostfighter.com/clear-view-defrosters-about.htm
That's pretty cool, Kent. Thanks for posting that beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.