Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA Seat Bolster Kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jack20
Hello,
Any one have experience with the Auto Atl seat bolster kits?
My car is Signal Orange and the seats are brown per the COA. How close are the kits to original color, texture and fi.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks,
Jack
colingreene
Id just as soon tell you to not buy anything from AA
JawjaPorsche
I had a friend buy a set and he said was of good quality. I have never had a problem with AA purchases.
mepstein
use a credit card to purchase in case you have issues.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 9 2015, 02:15 AM) *

I had a friend buy a set and he said was of good quality. I have never had a problem with AA purchases.

I have been on this site for a few years now and you are the first person to say anything good about AA. I see you are close to Marietta, GA so I am thinking you must be an employee. idea.gif
r_towle
World upholstery

They send samples
hndyhrr
QUOTE(colingreene @ Jan 9 2015, 12:12 AM) *

Id just as soon tell you to not buy anything from AA

agree.gif
DBCooper
I'm sure George reads these threads and I wonder what goes through his mind. In the beginning he could dismiss it as a few uneducated malcontents, but not any more. Look at the traffic on the 914Club site, crickets chirping. He used to participate here, but no more, and it's obvious that the community's sentiment regarding AA is almost all negative.

What I wonder is whether he's ever put two and two together, and realized that the negativity he sees here is reflected in his business. I'm sure he does well enough now, but how much better would he have done if he'd just kept his customers happy? Two times the business he has now? Three? Ten? And if he's had those thoughts why he's never done anything about it. No interest? A rational decision to save pennies and to hell with the dollars? Could it be because he isn't even aware he has a problem? Simple arrogance?

It's so strange, all of us work so hard for our own successes while he seems not that interested. It doesn't matter to me, I haven't bought anything from him for more than ten years, but it's very weird and I can't help but wonder.

r_towle
http://www.worlduph.com/porsche/
madmax914
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Jan 9 2015, 07:38 AM) *

I'm sure George reads these threads and I wonder what goes through his mind. In the beginning he could dismiss it as a few uneducated malcontents, but not any more. Look at the traffic on the 914Club site, crickets chirping. He used to participate here, but no more, and it's obvious that the community's sentiment regarding AA is almost all negative.

What I wonder is whether he's ever put two and two together, and realized that the negativity he sees here is reflected in his business. I'm sure he does well enough now, but how much better would he have done if he'd just kept his customers happy? Two times the business he has now? Three? Ten? And if he's had those thoughts why he's never done anything about it. No interest? A rational decision to save pennies and to hell with the dollars? Could it be because he isn't even aware he has a problem? Simple arrogance?

It's so strange, all of us work so hard for our own successes while he seems not that interested. It doesn't matter to me, I haven't bought anything from him for more than ten years, but it's very weird and I can't help but wonder.

agree.gif
I can only guess that he has a world wide draw with some of the specialty items he sells. As a salesperson I am always looking for ways to capture more business and customer service should be your greatest strength. The toughest job is to make a person a customer, the easiest should be to keep them as a customer. Of the parts I don't buy off of this site I usually buy from the Bird(Awesome Customer Service) and that's because of the comments made by members about AA. Word of mouth is so strong that it can make or break a company.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 9 2015, 08:54 AM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 9 2015, 02:15 AM) *

I have been on this site for a few years now and you are the first person to say anything good about AA. I see you are close to Marietta, GA so I am thinking you must be an employee. idea.gif

Actually, I live 120 miles from Marietta! biggrin.gif Never been to AA in person.

I have placed four orders by phone and never had a problem! I guess I am an aberration! biggrin.gif

I buy parts from several other vendors on this forum too.

AA sometimes has parts no one else has that I need.
rgalla9146
? .....EGO....
Mikey914
I'm starting to do the seal bolsters as they are necessary for the plaid inserts, and I have a sample of the chocolate brown I'm matching for a customer, so I may be able to help.
-Mark
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 9 2015, 05:54 AM) *
I have been on this site for a few years now and you are the first person to say anything good about AA.

Really? You must not have been paying attention, then. We have at least a handful of people on the BBS here who have been defenders of AA, and who have either never had a problem or have had problems resolved in a positive manner.

We also have a rather larger number of people who have had less-than-positive experiences, of course.

Without both sides (and strong feelings on both sides), you don't get the epic flame-wars that AA threads will often generate....

--DD
r_towle
Carbs are better than FI....just sayin
jack20
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 9 2015, 08:58 AM) *

I'm starting to do the seal bolsters as they are necessary for the plaid inserts, and I have a sample of the chocolate brown I'm matching for a customer, so I may be able to help.
-Mark

Hi Mark,
I'm the customer who sent the sample... Glad you are looking into this.
Jack
Kansas 914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jan 9 2015, 10:31 AM) *

Carbs are better than FI....just sayin

stirthepot.gif biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
I'm in the group that has never had problems with my dealing with AA, going back many years. Certainly many folks here have had less than satisfactory service, so everyone should make their own purchasing decisions according to their needs and desires. As with every transaction, you pays you money and you takes your chances!
Valy
QUOTE(jack20 @ Jan 9 2015, 09:49 AM) *

-Mark

Hi Mark,
I'm the customer who sent the sample... Glad you are looking into this.
Jack

Very interested as well.
I sent Mikey914 a message but never heard back
bigkensteele

-Mark

I can tell you that Mark's bolster kit fits very, very well. Quality vinyl as well. I have not compared prices, but I can almost guarantee you that he will beat AA.
pete000
When ever the letters "AA" get posted the sparks fly.

They do take a lot of pounding online from unhappy customers year after year...!
bigkensteele
I am not a George basher.

I have visited AA twice while on business in Atlanta. The first time, he treated me like I was a door-to-door vacuum salesman and summarily dismissed me as if I were a pan-handler.

Not sure why I went a second time, but I did, and he was as gracious as can be. He called one of the warehouse guys and had him give me a guided tour of the premises, including his upstairs stash of un-obtanium stuff. I probably could have got in to see the cars as well, but I had a flight to catch, and it just didn't happen. If I recall correctly, it is a little cumbersome getting down into his "display area".

Bottom line, I buy from AA on occasion because there are some parts that are not carried elsewhere. However, I have found the prices and customer service to be far superior from the likes of 914rubber.com, GPR, pelican, tangerine, etc.

If you go to the member-vendor section here, you will find a lot of great people to deal with who share your same passion.

Give Mark (mikey914 / 914rubber.com) a little time, and I am certain that he will come through for you on brown bolsters.
jack20
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Jan 9 2015, 09:58 PM) *

I am not a George basher.

I have visited AA twice while on business in Atlanta. The first time, he treated me like I was a door-to-door vacuum salesman and summarily dismissed me as if I were a pan-handler.

Not sure why I went a second time, but I did, and he was as gracious as can be. He called one of the warehouse guys and had him give me a guided tour of the premises, including his upstairs stash of un-obtanium stuff. I probably could have got in to see the cars as well, but I had a flight to catch, and it just didn't happen. If I recall correctly, it is a little cumbersome getting down into his "display area".

Bottom line, I buy from AA on occasion because there are some parts that are not carried elsewhere. However, I have found the prices and customer service to be far superior from the likes of 914rubber.com, GPR, pelican, tangerine, etc.

If you go to the member-vendor section here, you will find a lot of great people to deal with who share your same passion.

Give Mark (mikey914 / 914rubber.com) a little time, and I am certain that he will come through for you on brown bolsters.

I started this thread and I thank everyone for responding.
I'm a newbie so when I got my car two months ago I did some research and started buying parts. I had no knowledge of AAs reputation. I placed orders from PP, AA and Mark. When Mark received my first order he called, asked about my project, welcomed me into the community and gave me his cell number. Impressed? What do you think?
I posted a thread about black rivets and Mark was selling them on his site in 2 hours.
I posted this current thread about brown bolster kits. He's already working on it.

PP. great customer support and very helpful website. It's my choice for parts I can't get from Mark.

AA. They have lots of parts...

Mikey914
Thanks,
I have some samples that should be here Monday or Tuesday and hopefully have this matched up.
I'll post as soon as I have it.
-Mark
zambezi
Mark
sounds like you have a bunch of interest in the brown interior. Don't forget about me either (brown with the green plaid)
Jim
mepstein
Early and late brown vinyl have different textures. Not extreme but noticeable.
Mikey914
It took me longer that I would have liked, but I did get the correct vinyl. The texture is correct and the color is as close as you can get. This one was particularly difficult in that the brown has some tan undertones.

You can see the same tan in the basket weave if you look at the texture in the individual weave sections. The right is lighter and matches the vinyl, with the left being darker. This is mirrored in both vinyls.

I had to bring it into direct sunlight (yes we do get this in Oregon every once and awhile), to really get a good look at it as initially, it didn't look as close with the different texture.

I have both materials inbound and will be working on these in the next week.
Larmo63
I bought something last year when I didn't know who AA was and I had a shipping issue (surprise?) with my order. The other day, I bought something on eBay that no one else has and it barred me from buying. (If you complain, you get black-balled) So, I called them about the issue and they were actually rally nice about it. My parts came i two days and it was a pretty easy deal.
jeeperjohn56
I have bought two full sets and have not had a problem, has saved a lot of time warm up the bolster piece to soften and will go on easier. John
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Jan 9 2015, 08:25 AM) *

Actually, I live 120 miles from Marietta! biggrin.gif Never been to AA in person.

That's funny Yahoo maps says Clayton, GA it is only 38 miles from Marietta. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.