Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1973 914 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cal
This looks to be a very nice '73 2.0 liter with 36K original miles judging by the photos.....the description isn't correct listing it as a six cylinder. If the mileage is accurate and everything fully documented it's probably worth the $30K asking price. IMO this is the top end of the market for these cars. Excellent original or restored cars are increasing very fast in value right now. Should be interesting to see where the bidding goes.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...id=171635766442

Tom_T
It would be an excellent collectors car - even if their starting bid is near the top of the market for a low mile all original - & then only IF it's originality can be proven & miles documented since new!

Otherwise, it's nice resto with another 100k, 200k or whatever on the odo, maybe non-numbers-matching, probably worth a bit less than if a #'s matching, very low mile all original "time capsule"!

A sane buyer would need a good PPI on this to prove it out either way for that money! shades.gif

Whomever did their ad research is KILLING them with all their errors on it being a 6 & chrome steel wheels, etc. - just a lazy dealer! dry.gif

Tom
///////
Cal
Indigo Auto Group is a pretty reputable / well known dealer for high end cars. The owner of Indigo is Todd Blue.....he had a Ferrari Daytona restored by Wayne Carini on the TV show Chasing Classic Cars a couple of years ago. Todd was on several of the episodes. I think the salesman that put the add together just screwed it up.
era vulgaris
It looks like there was undercoating in the wheel wells that was painted over with body color. My wheel wells are smooth, not all bumpy like that. The whole underside/floorpan looks odd to me. Were floorpans ever body color?
Cairo94507
I really like that car. It looks very clean. But when looking at the front of the car, the passenger side of the front bumper from the fog light grill outward looks as if it is bent upward a bit - it does not look straight to me. I do not know if that is a $30K 4 cylinder or not. I would want to see it in person and see the documentation to prove the super low mileage claim. I would give $20K for it if it all checked out.
mepstein
What I like about 914's is they are so much car (fun, performance, smiles per miles). I am not very interested in the ones that are going for big bucks. A $30k-4 or 80k-6 does nothing for me. Pretty, yes, but not the experience I'm looking for.

Don't even get me started on numbers matching/date code correct yellowsleep[1].gif
tumamilhem
Dealer asking $40K
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.