Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jack Stands and Jack Pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I noticed much discussion regarding the safety of placing jack stands under the jack pads. Lots of fear, rightfully so, of the car sliping off the jack stand while working underneath. When I brought home the 6 ton stands that extend high enough for my V8 project, I made up some simple devices that help keep things in place. Had some 2" (I think) water pipe, cut to length, and slotted. They were a bit of a tight fit, so I machined the ID just a little. The jack pad rests on the jack stand, not on the pipe. The appropriate size tubing would have been prefered, but this seems to work out fine. FWIW.

Andy
andys
Installed onto jack stand:
Dave_Darling
Those type of stands are really good for supporting the rear suspension pivot. Fits nicely in the central "dip" in the top of the stand.

--DD
nebreitling
nice idea for use with the donuts...

thanks for sharing clap.gif
bondo
Neato. I need to do that. Right now mine is on 4 jackstands, but only 3 are touching (floor isn't quite flat). I can actually remove the front left one smile.gif I should make up some of those and add a pad for the low one.
URY914
Damn good idea. wink.gif
CptTripps
::: Golf Clap :::

Well done...very well done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.