Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wool Fabric
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nickp997
Just an FYI

I'm reupholstering my seats in the Porsche Orange & Black plaid and bought my material from SMS Auto Fabrics ( www.smsautofabrics.com ) They claim to have the worlds largest inventory of original fabric and vinyl. I received samples from AA and SMS and both seem to be the real deal. AA is $129.50 a yard and SMS is $89. My guess is AA buys from SMS and resells. Give them a call if you dont see what your looking for. They dont display their entire selection

On another note I visited a Hispanic upholstery shop in Houston. The owner gave me a quick lesson in vinyl. He laid out 5-identical vinyl swatches and asked me to try and rip them by hand. Three pieces ripped like paper, one took a bit of effort and the last was impossible to tear by hand. He told me to be careful when buying online. Needless to say I'm letting him supply my vinyl
veekry9
Have his business info?A name address T#?
His services may be a valuable asset here.

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/automotiv...#33;3m1!4b1
914Sixer
I see that you are a newbie here. Please check out 914Rubber.com., they have the material along with many other things you might need.
nickp997
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jan 11 2015, 04:47 AM) *

I see that you are a newbie here. Please check out 914Rubber.com., they have the material along with many other things you might need.

I've been around for a long time but havent been active in the site. I check it every now and then but rarely comment. too busy with relocating, work travel and restoration. If it were possible I would have purchased stock in 914rubber as he was my largest single spend category for awhile. I didnt however know he carried the fabric. Cool
nickp997
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jan 10 2015, 02:00 PM) *

Have his business info?A name address T#?
His services may be a valuable asset here.

https://www.google.ca/maps/search/automotiv...#33;3m1!4b1

SMS Auto Fabrics
350 South Redwood St.
Canby, OR 97013 (Map)

Phone: (503) 263-3535
Fax: (503) 263-3525
Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00 PST
Mikey914
Yes this is the company I used to make these. They are in my home town, and about 35 min away.
But they have many wool fabrics, these retail at $125. Which is about what I sell for, They are a wholesale source for many different vehicles, mostly domestic. They are not easy to deal with unless you walk in the door.

I had to commit to 120 yards of material to get the pattern made. So, yes you can deal with them or me, hopefully you need more. like the matched vinyl bolster and sides, or sewn together in a kit, or something else I can include to make it a better deal from me. But either way the price I paid was more than the $89 you quoted. Pretty sure they quoted another pattern, or grade.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.