Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC: How to make buttons for web pages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Since we seem to have a lot of knowledgeable web folks on this forum, I figure someone has an answer for this.

I'm charged with maintaining the web site for my work www.musnaz.org The green buttons on the home page are ones that were already in place and I've just reused them, but now I need to make more. I've got Corel Draw8 and PhotoPaint8, but I've had no success in trying to modify one of these buttons to create something new.

So for you web pros out there - how would you go about doing this? I don't mind recreating the whole set if I have to so that I'll have a uniform look. I just need some help with what tool to use and a little guidance to get started.
Jeroen
Hey Ernie,

Here's an empty button for ya...

cheers,

Jeroen
Part Pricer
Ernie,

Exporting directly from CorelDraw 8 to a .jpg or .gif will yield terrible results. You could do it completely in Photo-Paint, but you loose a lot of your control over things like placement, etc.

I create in CorelDraw, copy the object that I have created, and then paste it as a new document in Photo-Paint. It adds a step to the process, but the results are so much better.

If you want, just let me know what buttons you want. I could knock them out in less than a minute.
ThinAir
You guys are great!

I'll pass for now on the offer to just make them for me. I really need to be able to do this myself.

I've got the Corel Draw books at home and I'll take a look at them tonight. A few pointer would still be appreciated on what I'm looking for to create the basic button. I was hoping that there was a "button wizard" that would allow me to pick a style, set the base color, and add text. It certainly looks to me like I need to put the base graphic on one layer and the text on another.

Am I on the right track?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.