Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why would anyone do that to a 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
A true fan of Hoover vacuums!!?? huh.gif
dlestep
As he said it is a ground up "restofication."

Though it does have a few other little details and material use that are interesting.
matthepcat
I think the front end should have been done better, but everything else is cool. Needs a better motor to match the modern look.
napasteve
Looks like it was used in the Woody Allen movie Sleeper. Maybe it has an orgasmatron feature.
Mueller
"1 of a kind" ...there usually is a reason for that.... blink.gif

They say Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... smile.gif

Front and rear needs more detail, too flat and boring, even fog lights or cooling vents would benefit the front.
messix
I've seen worse things done slap.gif

and it looks well done to me. nicely finished
Mueller
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jan 11 2015, 04:04 PM) *

I think the front end should have been done better, but everything else is cool. Needs a better motor to match the modern look.

LS1 or at least a SBC that was built up not to look like it belongs in an old NASCAR vehicle...ITB's or something other than a carb and chrome valve covers.

I bet their asking something in the $30K to $40K range...
mgp4591
The gaping hole in the front is too much and the back end is featureless, but with some further imagination it could work- I like the smooth look! But that's just me... shades.gif
veekry9
Ha!
He saw my GimpWork,Needed a big rad for the V8 and stuck it up front like a tin lizzy.
I do like the rear flares and the colour.The derriere is smooth like I like,a custom rod look,popular on the '50s-60s show cars.
He's maintained the look of the Targa bar by stripping the trim and filling as I plan,good stuff.
No doubt the front has to be redone,like two different people worked exclusively on each end the car.
I'm sticking to my plan,2 smaller rads up front,maintaining a trunk on a narrowbody,or the 914RSR80 with the sidemounted rads.
Most likely both,one for economy cruise,one for fast touring and competition.

Click to view attachment
A trim looks good,thought he filled it.

Click to view attachment
A smooth bottom.

A nice car,other than the face of it,like a voluptuous woman that wasn't pretty.
Maybe a bra for it .
flippa
It's fugly!
green914
I like it. shades.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jan 11 2015, 07:26 PM) *

Ha!
He saw my GimpWork,Needed a big rad for the V8 and stuck it up front like a tin lizzy.
I do like the rear flares and the colour.The derriere is smooth like I like,a custom rod look,popular on the '50s-60s show cars.
He's maintained the look of the Targa bar by stripping the trim and filling as I plan,good stuff.
No doubt the front has to be redone,like two different people worked exclusively on each end the car.
I'm sticking to my plan,2 smaller rads up front,maintaining a trunk on a narrowbody,or the 914RSR80 with the sidemounted rads.

I like the look of the sail panel. I don't think he filled and smoothed the metal, at least not that much. He used some rubber trim to cover up the seam. I've seen it done before. It looks ok in person. Doesn't really match the rest of the exterior trim on the car but not bad. I will probably do something similar on my suby conversion.
scotty b
manta ray fan ?
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(napasteve @ Jan 11 2015, 07:09 PM) *

Maybe it has an orgasmatron feature.

av-943.gif
veekry9
Click to view attachmenthttp://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...22330&st=40

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...222522&st=0

Centrally located rad,modified and rechromed bumper with a custom valence to carry brake/oil ducts.
HID headlamps in widened fender sponsons,hence a wider car.
dw914six
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 11 2015, 03:47 PM) *

Tell the truth, this is really your car. happy11.gif

"please contact me throughout this site for additional information.

Andy"

Krieger
Why? It may have started out theorized as the easiest bumper replacement solution? Wrap the ends with sheet metal. Tack in place...
Chris914n6
Looks 356 -ish to me. Doesn't really work though. I would have done a bumper overlay to give it some shape.
Larmo63
It is, by far, not the worst thing I've ever seen as far as a 914. Not my cup of tea, but it looks like he put a lot of work into it.
warpig
Where does the licsence plate go? confused24.gif
Hank914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 11 2015, 03:47 PM) *

With the headlights up it would look like this emoticon: biggrin.gif

Or maybe this. evilgrin.gif

Maybe they should add some 1970's yellow shag carpet coming out the front mouth so it'd look like this. barf.gif

Other than that I think it looks great!
MikeInMunich
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jan 11 2015, 05:06 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Centrally located rad,modified and rechromed bumper with a custom valence to carry brake/oil ducts.

Very sweet looking front. That valence is cool. smilie_pokal.gif
Steve
Plenty of room for bumper stickers or maybe space for rent.
veekry9
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 12 2015, 12:44 AM) *

QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jan 11 2015, 05:06 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Very sweet looking front. That valence is cool. smilie_pokal.gif

One of my first attempts at a new face for a 914,inspired by the early Corvette grille.
When the design was first drawn the siglites were a departure for Porsche in that headlites were retractable.
Like the 911 but less,signifying a minor status,junior.
I've always liked the look and wanted to retro the 914 facia with a larger HID lite.
The fender is split at the top and moved outboard to accommodate wider rubber.
The rear gets the same treatment,the lenses widened and moved out with the fender skin.
Of course the doorskin must be moved out too,through a minor waisting of the splinecurve ww to ww.
Similar to the effect when the rear ww lip is pulled for wider tires but more pronounced.Coke bottle.

Click to view attachment
Bulldog9
Front and rear looks photoshoped. Color and tone of paint and panels does not match the rest of the car. Would be interesting to see it in real life. Yeah, that front end is a bit creepy, and the old school take on the SBC is a bit off for the car....
EdwardBlume
I've seen so many modified 914s. This one doesn't bother me. Further, a lot of effort seems to have gone in it just like what Porsche did when they designed it.
veekry9
The "Big Mouth" Look.A few versions in blue.After the invention of the pencil.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...22330&st=40
r_towle
I did not read the listing, but the pics here look fake....
veekry9
Click to view attachment

It's a glamour studio,a photographer at work.Lights,camera,action.
All 914W builders otta do a Hollywood shot of their pride and joy.
A builder in AZ with some talent takin pix,to like,sell his artwork.
Not the same effect with a cellcam,the lens the thing.
Of course it looks better and hides no blemishes,yeah,looks gud.

Well done Andy.
thumb3d.gif
MoveQik
I might have to go down and check this out just out of curiosity!
Mueller
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jan 12 2015, 11:32 AM) *

I might have to go down and check this out just out of curiosity!

Get a price!
billh1963
This car has the Monica Lewinsky front bumper option.

They have the Broke Back Mountain option for the back bumper as well.... lol-2.gif
pete000
Is that a Chip Foose Overhaulin special ?
Cuda911
Looks too much like a toothless whale shark. Needs teeth or something.
veekry9
Click to view attachment
Rover V8 4.4L,quick,fast.
SirAndy
QUOTE(veekry9 @ Jan 12 2015, 04:18 PM) *
Rover V8 4.4L, quick, fast, butt ugly

Fixed that for 'ya ...
shades.gif
veekry9
Click to view attachment
SBC Quick,fast.
veekry9
Click to view attachment

Production?
snakemain
laugh.gif

Click to view attachment
veekry9
Click to view attachment
veekry9
Click to view attachment
Slightly Blue.Quick,fast.
veekry9
Click to view attachment
Price check on aisle 4 canned goods.
veekry9
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 11 2015, 07:20 PM) *

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Jan 11 2015, 04:04 PM) *

LS1 or at least a SBC that was built up not to look like it belongs in an old NASCAR vehicle...ITB's or something other than a carb and chrome valve covers.

I bet their asking something in the $30K to $40K range...

Click to view attachment

No doubt,this is not a inexpensive 14,some very tasteful light weight details such as the dash,a sheetmetal version of the pad and a low console.The powdercoat in red is like lipstick on your favourite girl,sweet.I even like the wheel,those fit my hands well and are comfortable for long distance touring.
If it is going to sell at the asking price,it would have to be a buyer who feels as I do and appreciates the labour involved,it's a really straight car without warts.
The snap of a fresh SBC mill that has a will to rev like a 283 will leave all the rubber you want and no worries about the TX.The first drive for the buyer will have him,or her with a happy smile that will be there for some time. biggrin.gif
thumb3d.gif
veekry9
Click to view attachment

The Fuchs 17 fills the WW nicely and once spinning will accelerate this 14 sehr schnell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.