Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 914-6 on Ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike Fitton
This car looks pretty original, I have seen it listed elsewhere now on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Targa-...=US_Cars_Trucks

Also on PP, asking $82,000 http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...ree-choose.html
Cairo94507
This could set a new high - absolutely beautiful example.
raynekat
Beautiful car no doubt.

Don't think I'd call it original anymore.
It had a full bare metal rotisserie restoration at Stoddard's where everything on that car was removed, scrutinized, replaced if unworthy, etc, etc.

An "original" in this kind of shape would be worth?
gcrotvik
This is a 914World member's car. Here is the thread started some time back.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=247175
Kaeferfreund
What's going on there ? idea.gif

"lostreasure" aka "iluv911" posted some days before that the green and the yellow one has been sold to someone called "Jeff" ....

That's all very mysterious.....btw: the asking price for the metallic green was 85k.

And still no picture of the silver one... popcorn[1].gif
dave29
Based on my experience with this guy if it's really "lost treasure", look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(dave29 @ Jan 12 2015, 05:55 PM) *

Based on my experience with this guy if it's really "lost treasure", look out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dave, what is your beef with this guy? I see you posted a beware on his for sale thread also.
dave29
WE had a signed deal to purchase my 71 914-6 and I was awaiting the transfer of funds and then backed out of the deal because his wife would't let him buy the car. I was so pissed after wasting weeks of my time with him. Then he changed his mind again and wanted the car. I finally decided enough time was wasted and didn't sell him the car. If you do a search on him you'll see the endless thread.
lostreasure
Dave is absolutely correct! I did attempt to purchase his 914-6 and backed out. I had too much going on and wife was not in agreement. Dave was a great seller and his 914-6 is breathtaking! I regretted not buying it to this day. Hopefully Dave has kept it as replacing it would be hard.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(dave29 @ Jan 13 2015, 07:52 AM) *

WE had a signed deal to purchase my 71 914-6 and I was awaiting the transfer of funds and then backed out of the deal because his wife would't let him buy the car. I was so pissed after wasting weeks of my time with him. Then he changed his mind again and wanted the car. I finally decided enough time was wasted and didn't sell him the car. If you do a search on him you'll see the endless thread.

What does this rant have to do with this thread? He’s selling a car, not buying one. If you are interested in the car(s) he has for sale, verify the title(s) is/are clear and have a PPI done. The car speaks for itself. If you can afford the asking price, buy it. It doesn't make sense to bash a member on a for sale thread for something that happened in the past that has nothing to do with the current thread.

Just my opinion.
dave29
gcrotvik……You're right I'll shut up and hope you buy it. By the way, it has everything to do with this thread.
toolguy
Clean- yes, Nice- Yes, but Concours is a far stretch from
what I see in the pictures. . .

Addition note to answer question below. .
The gas stains on the carbs and what looks like rust on the air cleaner body edges makes me wonder what can't I see. . . .
IMHO, this is a very nice car and looks pretty good at first glance.

Concour isn't just shiny paint and chrome. . it about the little details also.
lostreasure
I'm curious What do you see that makes you think its not concourse? I probably should add undercarriage pics because they are as nice as trunk exterior etc.. My other 914-6 won Concourse D'elegance in its class (PNWR) and is not as nice as this
lostreasure
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jan 15 2015, 03:23 PM) *

I'm curious What do you see that makes you think its not concourse? I probably should add undercarriage pics because they are as nice as trunk exterior etc.. My other 914-6 won Concourse D'elegance in its class (PNWR) and is not as nice as this

Click to view attachment
lostreasure
installing undercarriage suspension
porbmw

I have to chime in and inquire of the "not concours" assessment. I appreciate that, from what I can tell, there are not full pics of this car, at least on this thread (can't remember, ebay ad may have a bunch more), but from what I see, this is a VERY nice car, a lot nicer than some cars I have seen, winning, at concours. sad.gif
drbill

Not to be nit-picking, but I see this all over many car forums. The term is "Concours," NOT Concourse. The latter refers to a large, open area in a public place, like an airport.
Just sayin' ! poke.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 12 2015, 03:28 AM) *

Also on PP, asking $82,000 http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-car...ree-choose.html

Now, we open the next round cheer.gif

When the last ebay auction was "killed" the bid was above 80k USD.

The asking price is blown up once again:

The seller tries to reach the autokennel-benchmark? flag.gif

budk
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Feb 13 2015, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jan 12 2015, 03:28 AM) *

Now, we open the next round cheer.gif

When the last ebay auction was "killed" the bid was above 80k USD.

The asking price is blown up once again:

The seller tries to reach the autokennel-benchmark? flag.gif

Can't blame him for trying to get as much as he can. Good luck to him. beer.gif
Kaeferfreund
"Sold (ebay auction ended at 95,9k USD) or not sold (still in Pelican forum)?" That is the question..... idea.gif
rhodyguy
Interesting. Btw, if that car was brought to washington the buyer would incur nearly $10k in sales tax with a honest sales receipt.
tod914
What does this rant have to do with this thread?

As Dave mentioned, it has everything to do with this thread. I went along with an interested buyer, whom had a deposit on the car. It was essentially a done deal. The only thing pending was a mechanical PPI, which I suggested to the buyer.
Upon arrival, the owner stated he didn't have much time and that we were 30 minutes late. So here he is, unwilling to accommodate someone willing to spent close to 100k on a car whom just drove 2+ hours to come and inspect it.
Mind you, this was after his little charade of scheduling appointments to show the car, then cancelling at the last minute over the course of several weeks.
The buyer had a few words with him as we were parked in his driveway, and we were allowed a short window to go over the car. I pointed out a number of flaws to the buyer. All of which were all correctable. I'd estimate $4.5K without labor to bring it closer to the advertised "better than new" condition.
IMHO, a 914-6 at that price should be in need of nothing. I also want to mention none of the documentation or records were made available to review.
Prior to concluding our inspection, we asked if he could start the car so we could see how it runs. After several cranking attempts, it billowed smoke, and would not stay running.
We all agreed on a mutual mechanic to come over and inspect the car. The seller said he was going to have the carbs rebuilt, and then the mechanical PPI could be conducted. He estimated between 3 and 4 weeks.
The buyer offered a bank check to close the deal. The owner would not accept it. Instead, the next day the deposit was refunded without reason. The car was back on Ebay, at an even higher buy it now price than the first time.
The buyer, whom thought this deal was concluded, contacted the seller. The seller wanted even more money for the car, and a non refundable deposit this time.
After a new agreement was reached, the owner , gave nothing but excuses and double talk over the course of the following week as to why the scheduled mechanical PPIs had to be continually postponed. Once again, he refunded the deposit and relisted the car at yet an even higher buy it now price.
Now twice without notice, he refunded the deposits, only to relist on Ebay at a higher prices.
Honestly, I doubt it sold. I doubt the carbs were repaired. He was only phishing to see how much he could get for it. I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him.
The car's description was certainly embellished. Very nice? Absolutely. Better than factory? Not the way it sat. Certainly not in concours ready condition.
I thought about posting my two page assessment, but I'd rather not give the owner a check list to go off of. Only to fix, relist again at yet an even higher price. As far as I'm concerned, he can figure it out for himself.
I hope that helps to substantiate Dave's claims on this guys character.
Cairo94507
Wow, what a shame that people can't be standup business people and just do the right thing. I would be upset if I were jerked around like that over a purchase. You either want to sell a car or you don't. I hope ultimately this car finds a great home and is well cared for.
HaraPuzo
wow, I agree with Cairo94507 regarding tod914 and his statements. sounds like a difficult seller to say the least. I don't have enough money to buy a 100K 914-6, I don't even own an entry level 914-4...yet smile.gif
but hearing stories such as these doesn't sit too well.
If I were to make a 914 purchase and had a PPI come to help access the vehicle only to meet a seller like this I'd walk away. there are other cars out there!
thanks for the informative threads
Kaeferfreund
...that underlines the impression of dave29, unfortunately!
raynekat
I also had interactions with this seller concerning this car.
I was never comfortable.
His responses to my inquiries were always cryptic.
In fact, I was running for the fences after the few emails I had with him.

Sometimes.....if it feels wrong, it really is.

The car is nice, no doubt.
But not as nice as the owner would lead you to believe.
rgalla9146
This is one of those guys for whom the old adage is absolutely true.
"How do you know when he's lying ? .... whenever his lips are moving"
Beware
I have this opinion from personal contact with him. I was a prospect for a one of the cars.
Tod has the opinion from in person contact with him, about the green car.
Another person from this site, dave29, from Colorado has already expressed his impressions here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.