Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sharing photos of my survivor '73 2.0 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Have mentioned my purchase of this car several times on this forum. Its an extremely original car with one owner until July of last year. 45k miles and 100% original with the exception of tires, muffler and a partial repaint of the front left quarter due to a parking garage scrape in 1990.

There are many pics in the link. I was going to wait until I had the car completely detailed on the underside but that will take a while so decided to share these. Some day will share the completely detailed car.

I bought this car because I'm a fiend for originality. Love this car. Paid north of 30 and well worth it in my opinion. Car is well documented. I plan to keep it just as it is.

'73 2.0 914 Survivor
Tom_T
Well now you went & spoiled it!!!! .... it's no longer a one owner car! laugh.gif

Very nice & you have some time to finish up the detailing for your Peachtree Region Concours!

first.gif

You may also want to take it to the Parade in Indiana this year too - it's at a nice park up there.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Beeliner
That is one sweet teener! Is it an east coast car?

It must have been in a pretty large time capsule... smile.gif
orthobiz
What a nice car! Congrats,

Paul
TargaToy
Very nice! aktion035.gif
bcheney
A true time capsule. Congratulations on a stunning car.
JeffBowlsby
Excellent...excellent...excellent. Only the third car I have seen with the dealer prep labels intact.

I see its a late 1973 model year, and it has the 1974 black plastic thresholds. Tailbadges plastic too? Are the engine lid letters chrome plastic or metal?

Are you going to leave the undercoating intact?

Is your Bumblebee just as nice and is it on the LE Registry?
GK914
Very nice. Reminds me of my first 914. 74 2.0. Not as nice even when I had it, but boy do I wish I still had it. Congrats. I'm local so I hope to see it out at some PCA events next year.
914Next
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 11 2015, 10:31 PM) *

Excellent...excellent...excellent. Only the third car I have seen with the dealer prep labels intact.

I see its a late 1973 model year, and it has the 1974 black plastic thresholds. Tailbadges plastic too? Are the engine lid letters chrome plastic or metal?

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll need to check the engine lid letters and tail badges. The car is i my storage so will be a few days before I can do that. I do know that the the thresholds are original...discussed with original owner and also are attached with the original rivets.

As for the undercoating, right now the plan is to clean it up but ;eave the undercoating. Seems like a huge job to remove it. Why do you ask?

As for the bumblebee, that is not my car. Some of the pics were taken hy the previous owner and it is his car. Would love to have it.
914Next
QUOTE(GK914 @ Jan 11 2015, 11:10 PM) *

Very nice. Reminds me of my first 914. 74 2.0. Not as nice even when I had it, but boy do I wish I still had it. Congrats. I'm local so I hope to see it out at some PCA events next year.

Thanks for the comments. We just joined PCA and will try to make a few of the events. I also have a '96 Twin turbo and my wife has a 2011 Cayman. Most likely will do a few of the shows just for fun.
914Next
QUOTE(Beeliner @ Jan 11 2015, 10:02 PM) *

That is one sweet teener! Is it an east coast car?

It must have been in a pretty large time capsule... smile.gif

Actually is was a Minneapolis car! Owned by a Dr. there who drive it carefully in summers and took very good care of it. A real nice guy who was very helpful with helping me understand its history.
veekry9
Click to view attachment
So nice.I even like the colour.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(914Next @ Jan 11 2015, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 11 2015, 10:31 PM) *

Thanks for the nice comments. I'll need to check the engine lid letters and tail badges. The car is i my storage so will be a few days before I can do that. I do know that the the thresholds are original...discussed with original owner and also are attached with the original rivets.

As for the undercoating, right now the plan is to clean it up but ;eave the undercoating. Seems like a huge job to remove it. Why do you ask?

As for the bumblebee, that is not my car. Some of the pics were taken hy the previous owner and it is his car. Would love to have it.

Keeping the undercoating is a tough call. Not original from the factory but dealer installed, and usually haphazardly and difficult to remove. Looks much better without it and I doubt you will ever drive this in the rain so it does not need it. I understand the dilemma.

If you can put me in touch with the Bumblebee owner I would appreciate it.
Dave_Darling

If you still have his contact information, could you ask him to register it with Jeff B? You might have noticed that he has a positive obsession with the LE cars... wink.gif

--DD
914Next
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 11 2015, 11:33 PM) *

If you still have his contact information, could you ask him to register it with Jeff B? You might have noticed that he has a positive obsession with the LE cars... wink.gif

--DD

Sure will. Thanks.
Cuda911
WOW!!! Fantastic!!!!! I really enjoyed all the detailed photos.
EdwardBlume
Super cool. I agree. A great value at 30K. smilie_pokal.gif
Amphicar770
VERY nice.

Similar in condition to my 74 2.0 which is also a low mileage survivor with all records. Only paint work on mine is a documented respray of the rear decklid in 1974. Even the door rubbers are still soft. I have AC but I did ditch the York boat anchor for a Sanden figuring that the system was aftermarket anyway.

I bought mine approx 5 years ago and, while have no plans to sell her, I am glad to see that the price of teh very best 914's has risen so dramatically since then.

Gotta love original cars.

Cuda911
Amphicar... I assume by your name you have one. So as not to divert this thread, would you mind making a thread and posting some pix?. Would love to see it. I think amphicars are one of the coolest vehicles ever built, would love to own one.
pete000
Nice Car !

Great historic reference !

What is the green stuff on the lug bolts?

MikeInMunich
Come on man, what's up with that rust in pic 56?! barf.gif

Seriously, awesome documentation of an awesome specimen. Good on ya! smilie_pokal.gif
914Next
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jan 12 2015, 12:19 AM) *

Nice Car !

Great historic reference !

What is the green stuff on the lug bolts?

Thanks. From what I understand the green paint on the lugs was applied by the dealer was to be applied after completing a recall campaign inspection of the fuch wheels. I believe the recall was in '73 or '74. In this case the dealer went a little crazy with the paint. I asked the original owner why he left it on all these years and strangely he said he hadn't really ever thought about removing it. Just didn't bother him. I think I'll leave it on since it is part of the history of the car.
914Next
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 12 2015, 12:27 AM) *

Come on man, what's up with that rust in pic 56?! barf.gif

Seriously, awesome documentation of an awesome specimen. Good on ya! smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks. Yes, as they say....there is no such things as rust free. Was pleased that this is about as bad as it gets on this car.
Cairo94507
What a terrific find - you are a lucky guy. That is a $30K 914 no doubt. Just beautiful.
Phoenix914
What a beautiful car! Thanks for posting all the pictures. I especially appreciate the engine pictures, as I am planning to replace the vacuum hoses and some other parts on my '73 to get it back on the road.

JawjaPorsche
What a treasure! Wow! biggrin.gif
914Next
QUOTE(Phoenix914 @ Jan 12 2015, 08:50 AM) *

What a beautiful car! Thanks for posting all the pictures. I especially appreciate the engine pictures, as I am planning to replace the vacuum hoses and some other parts on my '73 to get it back on the road.

My pleasure! Happy to take any additional pics that might be helpful to you or others.
siverson
Neat car. What's this? It looks like there is some sort of grommet/stiching around the gas expansion tank. I haven't seen that before...

-Steve

914Next
QUOTE(siverson @ Jan 12 2015, 08:19 PM) *

Neat car. What's this? It looks like there is some sort of grommet/stiching around the gas expansion tank. I haven't seen that before...

-Steve

Hmmm...not sure but I can take a look this weekend when I stop over at my storage place. Will take other pics and send to you based on what I find. Thanks.

Steve
Amphicar770
QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Jan 12 2015, 12:09 AM) *

Amphicar... I assume by your name you have one. So as not to divert this thread, would you mind making a thread and posting some pix?. Would love to see it. I think amphicars are one of the coolest vehicles ever built, would love to own one.

Yes, I have owned many vehicles but the Amphi and the 914 are my keepers.
Lots of pics on my website https://amphicar770.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.