Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AA-GPR Merge!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsche Rescue
Will AA improve or will GPR be infected? Will AA's prices go down or will GPR's go up?
Rouser
Will AA improve or will GPR be infected? Will AA's prices go down or will GPR's go up?

Good questions ... enquiring minds want to know. idea.gif
ws91420
GPR and AA did not merge they have entered into a marketing agreement. AA can sell parts from GPR inventory and vice versa. Alot of salvage yards do this also. So you can buy AA flares from GPR.
Eric_Shea
I think about 1/2 dozen of us should show up at GPR in a van with blacked out windows and grab Dave.

I-N-T-E-R-V-E-N-T-I-O-N time ohmy.gif
ws91420
AA and GPR are still totally seperate entities just GPR can sell AA parts and AA can sell GPR parts.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 4 2005, 11:28 PM)
I think about 1/2 dozen of us should show up at GPR in a van with blacked out windows and grab Dave.

I-N-T-E-R-V-E-N-T-I-O-N time ohmy.gif

agree.gif
IronHillRestorations
It's not a merger. As I understand it, they have basically agreed to sell each others parts.

My knee jerk reaction was: bad idea for Dave. After giving it some thought and talking with him about it, I've done a 180. GPR and Porsche are my main suppliers. For me this means that GPR will have stuff that I wouldn't have gotten from AA.

Since I opened my shop seven years ago, there have been a few times that I've thought about burying the hatchet with George (and no not in his chest). Lots of guys have had problems with AA, but they have a large customer base and lots of loyal customers. Like them or not, they do know 914's. Sure George has an ego the size of Alaska, but no one has a 914 catalog like them. I remember getting my first or second AA catalog and thinking "I need to get a job there". I don't think that anymore, but I do still love 914's, so that is something we all have in common with George.

I don't remember ever hearing anything bad about GPR, maybe just a bad memory, but they have a excellent way of doing things which WON'T CHANGE! AA has stuff you can't get anywhere else. I haven't got my hands on the AA flairs, but they have to be better than the Porsche flairs, which are horrible. The flairs are just one example of many 914 products that they have tooled for, which will help us keep our 914's on the road, as well as improve them.

Maybe I'm getting old and soft, but perhaps it's time to move on. Things change ya know confused24.gif

The parts business is tough, really tough. Have you seen that post on the birdboard? The guys that want to stay in business have to get creative. It really is a dog eat dog world, when it comes to the parts business.
jd74914
It seems like a win-win situation; now I can buy stuff from GPR that I wouldn't get from AA normally
IronHillRestorations
I fogot about the other thing Dave is doing! Check it out.

www.eadparts.com

Rhodes71/914
Isn't about the almighty $ anyway.

But if we can get good service with more selection then that's good as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.