Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Struts for Front Trunks or Rear Deck Lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
madmax914
Do any of our Vendor Members out there sell the gas strut kits for the front and rear trunks?

Anybody used this on their car with positive or negative results?

Any input will be very much appreciated.
puffinator
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Jan 13 2015, 01:39 PM) *

Do any of our Vendor Members out there sell the gas strut kits for the front and rear trunks?

Anybody used this on their car with positive or negative results?

Any input will be very much appreciated.

Camp 914

http://www.camp914.com/products/shox.html
madmax914
Thank you
Rand
+1, quality vendor.

If you are in Salem, I'd recommend making an appointment and driving to Lake Oswego to pick them up. The experience is worth it. Craig is a good guy and always has some cool cars in the camp.
madmax914
QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 13 2015, 02:29 PM) *

+1, quality vendor.

If you are in Salem, I'd recommend making an appointment and driving to Lake Oswego to pick them up. The experience is worth it. Craig is a good guy and always has some cool cars in the camp.

I've spoken to Craig on the phone, seems like a very knowledgeable and nice guy. I'm afraid if I do go up there it will be like my wife at a Nordstrom sale!
falcor75
I ordered and paid for my front and rear sets a year ago. Received them some times later but the rear set was MUCH to stiff for a lightweight hood. Still waiting to receive replacements despite several reminders...
OllieG
QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jan 14 2015, 05:52 AM) *

I ordered and paid for my front and rear sets a year ago. Received them some times later but the rear set was MUCH to stiff for a lightweight hood. Still waiting to receive replacements despite several reminders...

I'm in the market for some to use on my car with FG lids...hmm, maybe I'll look for a supplier in Europe.
Mr Pharmacist
QUOTE(OllieG @ Jan 14 2015, 08:33 AM) *

I'm in the market for some to use on my car with FG lids...hmm, maybe I'll look for a supplier in Europe.

Where are you getting your FG lids from Ollie? European supplier? I'm tempted to get some too with gas struts.
Harpo
I recently ordered a set (front & rear) and I was given the choice of light weight or standard. Also Craig has been very responsive to my questions via email

David
OllieG
QUOTE(Mr Pharmacist @ Jan 14 2015, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(OllieG @ Jan 14 2015, 08:33 AM) *

Where are you getting your FG lids from Ollie? European supplier? I'm tempted to get some too with gas struts.

Hi Stuart…

Here: FG Lids - UK

Made by Barrie Martin I believe, who's well known on DDK.
Rand
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Jan 13 2015, 03:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Jan 13 2015, 02:29 PM) *

+1, quality vendor.

I've spoken to Craig on the phone, seems like a very knowledgeable and nice guy. I'm afraid if I do go up there it will be like my wife at a Nordstrom sale!

LOL Brother I so get that.

It's a suburb though.... There might be a way to work this. Maybe a nice dinner.....

Craig will work with you. I'm sure he can ship the extras.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.