Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: But Porsche related
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircooledtechguy
Very, very sad for this local guy and his fully restored 930. . . headbang.gif

Have you checked your fuel lines in the last year??
JawjaPorsche
Damn.....Just Damn...........
Spoke
That sucks. The prices of 930's are hedging toward and above $50k. Hope he had enough insurance on it.
mepstein
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 14 2015, 12:57 PM) *

That sucks. The prices of 930's are hedging toward and above $50k. Hope he had enough insurance on it.

Way more than $50k for nice ones. Way more!
pete000
Makes me glad I just switched up to Stainless !

914Next
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 14 2015, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jan 14 2015, 12:57 PM) *

Way more than $50k for nice ones. Way more!

Saw one go for $130k recently.
914Next
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 14 2015, 09:52 AM) *

Very, very sad for this local guy and his fully restored 930. . . headbang.gif

Have you checked your fuel lines in the last year??

Ok I'll be the first to convey ignorance on this. I know mine were replaced in the late 90's What does one look for (and where?) i order to check this. Is this an easy inspection? Thanks
Dave_Darling
One looks for the records of when the hoses were replaced. If it's been more than a handful of years, one says "OH S--T!" and then replaces them.

Every single rubber fuel hose in (and under!) the engine bay. Plus the two that are under the fuel tank. If the plastic lines coming out of the center tunnel under the car are brittle, replace them as well. Racer Chris at Tangerine Racing sells stainless-steel fuel lines that are supposedly the cat's meow.

--DD
mepstein
All my cars have tangerine fuel lines and the proper hose and clamps. That's one place it doesn't pay to be thrifty cheap.
carr914
I've been replacing 2 Cars with Tangerine Lines. In one car the Originals look like they were put in 2 weeks ago. Pliable & nice color
mepstein
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 14 2015, 08:25 PM) *

I've been replacing 2 Cars with Tangerine Lines. In one car the Originals look like they were put in 2 weeks ago. Pliable & nice color

My 45 year old tunnel lines weren't bad. The fabric covered rubber lines crumbled in my hands. Tangerine tunnel lines are $85. Too cheap not to buy when you consider what can go wrong. It's like brakes. You can't be too careful.
Mike Bellis
sad.gif

Jack stands look OK.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
AvalonFal
I've posted these pics before, but this is what I found under the gas tank after I bought my '74. The printing on the hose says "Not for use with unleaded or gasohol fuels."

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.