Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 suabru swap on e-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
matthepcat
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Porsche-914-S...=US_Cars_Trucks

$40,000 "buy it now"?!?! You got to be kidding me.

IPB Image
MikeInMunich
Na ja, it doesn't hurt to ask. Why not aim high? He won't get it, but it is nicely done nonetheless. Let's take bets on what the highest bid will be. I say 20k.
mepstein
I doubt he'll get it but probably a bargain compared to building one at the same level.
Bob L.
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 14 2015, 02:54 PM) *

Na ja, it doesn't hurt to ask. Why not aim high? He won't get it, but it is nicely done nonetheless. Let's take bets on what the highest bid will be. I say 20k.

I'll guess $20,001. beer.gif
era vulgaris
This isn't the first time this car has been on ebay. It was also featured on Bring A Trailer (or one of those type of sites) a while back. I think the guy thinks he can get out what he put in. wacko.gif
1stworks
Sick car!!!
Thanks for posting it!

The wheels, og drooley.gif
cali914
QUOTE(1stworks @ Jan 14 2015, 05:33 PM) *

Sick car!!!
Thanks for posting it!

The wheels, og drooley.gif

I agree renegade was asking 42k for a v8 914 so its not at all unusual to ask.
chads74
This car was on Phoenix craigslist two years ago when I was living in Az. Price was $40k then.
matthepcat
I suppose we all need to "dream" a little.

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Jan 14 2015, 05:24 PM) *

This isn't the first time this car has been on ebay. It was also featured on Bring A Trailer (or one of those type of sites) a while back. I think the guy thinks he can get out what he put in. wacko.gif

thelogo
Is it really 60$k
To replicate this build sheeplove.gif w00t.gif
matthepcat
Maybe if you don't do any of your own work, and pay full price for all parts.

QUOTE(thelogo @ Jan 15 2015, 06:23 PM) *

Is it really 60$k

Cairo94507
Regardless of what it feels for it is a very clean, nicely done car.
Gambusia
This appears to be the same car that is on precision chassis works that they built with a WRX engine. They have pictures of the build. If you want to know the cost to build one like it here is their link.

http://www.precisionchassisworks.com/subar...orsche-914.html

MikeInMunich
Top bid was $15,100. Looking more closely at the ad, IMO it looks like a sweet job, sweet interior and expensive to replicate. Looks like a blast to drive! 230+ HP...

Let's see what he gets offered next time around. I wonder what his reserve is. I say 20k for that car is a good deal.
MikeInMunich

Is it really 60$k

It depends, obviously, who's doing the work and what they're charging, but IMHO $60k is going way overboard. I reckon you could pay someone to do all the work and replicate it for under 30k. These JDM motors don't cost much. Great bang for the buck! Very tempting when you start looking at them going for under $2k no? drooley.gif

I find it odd that he didn't upgrade the brakes.
mgp4591
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ Jan 18 2015, 05:41 AM) *

Is it really 60$k

It depends, obviously, who's doing the work and what they're charging, but IMHO $60k is going way overboard. I reckon you could pay someone to do all the work and replicate it for under 30k. These JDM motors don't cost much. Great bang for the buck! Very tempting when you start looking at them going for under $2k no? drooley.gif

I find it odd that he didn't upgrade the brakes.

They're vented in front and he painted them RED- that's an upgrade right there! blink.gif
somd914
Looks to be a sweet build in my opinion, would drop $40k on this one before I'd jump on yesterday's $40k post...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=248236

But agree, over priced.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.