Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for a seat belt harness bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I'm looking to buy a seat belt harness bar for my 72 914-4 (new or used). I've seen two manufactures:Stable Engergies and Weltmeister. Does anyone know of any others?

Is there any place in San Deigo that will carry it or will I have to mail order it?

I also have one that is to short for my car if anyone is interested. LOL
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=24575

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (chris914 @ Feb 5 2005, 02:15 AM)
I'm looking to buy a seat belt harness bar for my 72 914-4...

Is there any place in San Diego that will carry it or will I have to mail order it?

you do understand that it is intended as a harness GUIDE bar, yes ?

most sanctioning bodies won't let you ATTACH belts to it, they're intended to be attached to the firewall and then looped over the bar to guide them to the seat slots at the proper angle.

thisis a harness mount. there's no way to fit one in a 914.

SCCA and a PCA region might let you squeak through for an autocross, but i wouldn't count on being let on a big track with belts mounted to a guide bar.

i used to know the names of the race shops in San Diego but it's been so long i have no confidence any of them are still in operation. but AJ-USA is there and should be able to work with you - they even have PCA discounts on stuff from time to time - it's who i'd start with.
nein14
I have a brand new one for a 914 if your interested email me at nein11@msn.com.
jd74914
chris, out of curiousity what kind of belts are you planning on using
chris914
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Feb 5 2005, 07:10 AM)
chris, out of curiousity what kind of belts are you planning on using

I looking at G-force Latch & Link - Individual Shoulder Harness

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.