Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Dual Carbs & Matching Cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
VWTortuga336
I've decided to not go the 96mm P/C route and stick with what I've got (thanks to those who helped me with that decision).

Now, I just need a stock 2.0L cam & lifters. I'll be looking for FI parts when I get that far into the build.

After much waffling back and forth (and after several phone conversations with some fellow 914 world members) I have decided to go with dual carbs, instead of FI. Now looking for carbs and cam & lifters for the carbs.

Thanks for sticking with me as I go back and forth!
76-914
Which ECU? They're year model specific and need to match the MPS.
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 15 2015, 10:38 AM) *

Which ECU? They're year model specific and need to match the MPS.

Shows how much I know, and how I'm not a complete newbie to this fancy FI stuff lol-2.gif

The engine is GC code, if that helps.
Bleyseng
052 ECU is for the 75/76 2.0L 914's
For a FI wiring harness PM Jeff Bowlsby for a rebuilt one as 99% of used ones are toast these days.
76-914
I'm sure bdstone (Bruce Stone) would have one. pm him or GaroldShaffer. Both are members in very good standing. If they don't, I think I have one. However, these are usually Bullet Proof items. Are you sure that is what you need? If your trying to figure out what is not working post it in the "Garage Section" and we'll help you figure it out. beerchug.gif
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(76-914 @ Jan 16 2015, 09:30 AM) *

Are you sure that is what you need? If your trying to figure out what is not working post it in the "Garage Section" and we'll help you figure it out. beerchug.gif

Unfortunately, the engine I bought and am in the process of rebuilding didn't come with an ECU at all.
PCA7GGR
"039.906.021A" ECU and FI harness that come off a working engine - PM with offer shipped from NorCal - Thanks
Click to view attachment
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Jan 16 2015, 10:13 AM) *

"039.906.021A" ECU and FI harness that come off a working engine - PM with offer shipped from NorCal - Thanks
Click to view attachment

Thanks for the offer, but I gotta pass based on Bleyseng's comment on the 052 ECU being for the GC engine.
stugray
I have a stock cam in good shape with gear and I think I still have the lifters.
I will look when I get home.

I also have a complete FI system (maybe two).
See my thread on here for "Complete" 2.0L FI system.
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(stugray @ Jan 16 2015, 12:25 PM) *

I have a stock cam in good shape with gear and I think I still have the lifters.
I will look when I get home.

I also have a complete FI system (maybe two).
See my thread on here for "Complete" 2.0L FI system.

If you could hook me up with a cam & lifters, I would appreciate it.
I sent you a PM about your FI stuff.
VWTortuga336
It's become brutally apparent that I have no idea what FI parts I actually need headbang.gif So, I'll hold off on those parts until I get further along in my build. That will give me time to properly do my homework before I make any purchases - thanks to those who helped me come to this realization beerchug.gif

Still looking for cam, lifters and P/C though.
VWTortuga336
I edited my original post. Just need a stock 2.0L cam and lifters at the moment.
VWTortuga336
Edited again headbang.gif

Decided to go with carbs instead of FI. Now I need dual carbs and a cam/lifters for the carbs.

Thanks!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.